Last Film You Saw

Murder on the Orient Express (2017)

OK ish. Really terrible plot, but I don't suppose there's much they can do about that, since it's a terrible book and the plot is terrible.

However, my overriding impressions were:

1. Kenneth Branagh isn't half as good as he thinks he is. There's a sort of luvvies' emperor's new clothes thing going on with him. He's an institution and everyone says "isn't he just marvellous darling", whilst actually thinking, "I can't understand what all the fuss is about, I think he's a bit shit really." His acting is iffy at best and his Belgian accent diabolical in parts.

2. They spent all their money on the cast and had none left to spend on the train. Anyone who's been on the orient express will know just how beautiful it is, with the Lalique chandeliers and glass panels, the inlaid woods and beautiful marquetry, the crockery and glassware. But no, they just got an old railway carriage and a bit of plywood and painted orient express on the side. Really naff. They didn't even bother getting the correct wine glasses FFS. Doubtless they figured only 0.001% of the audience have every actually travelled on it, so why bother. But really they should have tried harder.

3. What was the point? The film added nothing on the 1974 film, and In fact was worse. They could have just re-run the 1974 version and saved themselves £50m.

What the actual orient express is like:
by_Laurence-Norah-55.jpg

What Branagh managed after the money ran out
murder-on-the-orient-express-teaser.jpg

Last edited:
The Killing of a Sacred Deer. Now that's some weird film. Hard to explain too without giving anything away. If you thought Hannibal Lecter and Norman Bates were good portrayals of psychopaths then you need to send Barry Keoghan in this. Beyond creepy.

That's that bizarre looking Irish kid from Love/Hate isn't it?

Just watched;

"Killing me softly"

Still not sure if it was good or not, but I really enjoyed it. The acting was great , but I think there was some poor editing.

"Ingrid Goes West".

As an actress, I think Aubrey Plaza is one of my favourites, but I wish she'd shake up her roles, some. Saying that, I think she's fantastic in this film. There's a particular character in which she just 'shines' when she plays it.

I'd be interested in what others think of the film.

Murder on the Orient Express (2017)

OK ish. Really terrible plot, but I don't suppose there's much they can do about that, since it's a terrible book and the plot is terrible.

However, my overriding impressions were:

1. Kenneth Branagh isn't half as good as he thinks he is. There's a sort of luvvies' emperor's new clothes thing going on with him. He's an institution and everyone says "isn't he just marvellous darling", whilst actually thinking, "I can't understand what all the fuss is about, I think he's a bit shit really." His acting is iffy at best and his Belgian accent diabolical in parts.

2. They spent all their money on the cast and had none left to spend on the train. Anyone who's been on the orient express will know just how beautiful it is, with the Lalique chandeliers and glass panels, the inlaid woods and beautiful marquetry, the crockery and glassware. But no, they just got an old railway carriage and a bit of plywood and painted orient express on the side. Really naff. They didn't even bother getting the correct wine glasses FFS. Doubtless they figured only 0.001% of the audience have every actually travelled on it, so why bother. But really they should have tried harder.

3. What was the point? The film added nothing on the 1974 film, and In fact was worse. They could have just re-run the 1974 version and saved themselves £50m.

What the actual orient express is like:
by_Laurence-Norah-55.jpg

What Branagh managed after the money ran out
murder-on-the-orient-express-teaser.jpg

That is just shit hahahaha. I have seen the sister to the orient at viccy station loads and that is posh as fuck on it's own. That carriage reminds me of booking a so called 5* hotel only to discover it's idea of 5*'s is very different from mine. You you are supposed to suspend disbelief but that is pushing it. Never found Branagh that much cop myself either tbh, he did a vampire film in about 90, that's it. Luvvies are welcome to all that back slapping shit, i have no time for it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.