Confirmed: Most Ever Consecutive Wins in English Football History - MCFC

Regarding the Wolves result, the way I see it is this:
In the league there are 3 possible results; win, draw, lose
In the cup there are only 2 possible results; win, lose.
And there are 3 possible ways of winning a cup tie; win after 90 minutes, win after 120 minutes, win on penalties

IeSVPapf_normal.jpg
Premier League

@premierleague

Man City’s 31 points and a +31 goal difference is the best-ever start to a #PL season after 11 games

There is though. The IFAB say that when a game needs a winner (which that one-off LC game did) then the winner can be determined by extra time and/or a penalty shoot out. The LC accept it as a win; the FA say that they also accept it as a win etc. The issue comes with statistic websites/spreadsheets that don't have capacity to record it as a win. Companies/statisticians that base their records on spreadsheets struggle with this, but those that have maintained records since footy began (such as the Nationwide Football Annual which under various names has been in existence for over 130 years) have confirmed they recognise it.
let alone, even in the simplest of english terms, "0-0. manchester city win 4-1 on penalties" states the obvious as fact.
win.
it couldn't be any clearer.
we won the game.

Regarding the Wolves result, the way I see it is this:
In the league there are 3 possible results; win, draw, lose
In the cup there are only 2 possible results; win, lose.
And there are 3 possible ways of winning a cup tie; win after 90 minutes, win after 120 minutes, win on penalties

Bang on.

Though the pedant in me would add that in *this* cup tie only two results were possible. In others a draw is possible - in a 2 legged tie or in the early rounds of the FA Cup leading to a replay.

I keep hearing this, but doesn’t the draw with Wolves go down as a 0-0 in 90 mins?
The match was a draw. The tie was settled by penalties after the match had finished. That's why a penalty scored in the shoot out doesn't go on a players goal tally.

when I got home i watched the full match replays their were several different commentaries but one did say if city win this it will equal tottenhams 1966 record for the best start to the top flight ever, not just the pl, so guess what that means in our next game?
strange no one else has mentioned this

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.