Paradise Papers Leak

No they dont contribute income tax, they deduct it from your salary and pass it on.
I think it's fair to say Baconface meant that said companies operating here increase the HMRC tax take by employing workers who then pay tax, rather than they literally contribute income tax.

I think it's fair to say Baconface meant that said companies operating here increase the HMRC tax take by employing workers who then pay tax, rather than they literally contribute income tax.

Thank you. That’s exactly what I meant by saying “contribute indirectly”.

It doesn’t excuse Corporation Tax avoidance but neither should people get the impression that these corporations are devil organisations who pay no taxes and create no wealth.

To be fair, that misunderstanding apart, KS55 has made some excellent posts.

Last edited:
No they dont contribute income tax, they deduct it from your salary and pass it on. Thats not a "contribution" its an administrative function.

You spoil an otherwise good post my misquoting me. I said they contribute to income tax INDIRECTLY, which is a function of creating jobs with taxable pay. That’s a tad more significant than mechanically fulfilling some administrative function.

Not looking for an argument, as we’re not fundamentally in disagreement, but please let’s quote each other correctly.

Fucking lobbying again, prince effing charles. Can i have my meritocracy please and get rid of these gout riddled thickos, cheers.

Prince Charles has some far more serious skeletons in his cupboard.

I'll admit to having a few bob stored away for a rainy day.

We have ISA's but the return is very poor compared. Same with bank accounts. Interest rates going up means they are getting a little better though (when they pass it on.)

We pay tax, PAYE, at source, so I don't see a problem.

I’m suprised people are surprised. It’s been happening for donkeys years. Whilst a lot of it isn’t in the spirit of the law or morally wrong it’s not breaking the rules unless they have been found out. Unless the tax havens are shutdown people will continue to use them and as usual HMRC are years behind in trying to close loopholes. From major corporations to people taking cash in hand, everyone is at it. I know a decorator who puts 20% of his earnings on the books and drives round in a jag. Go figure.

He's not keeping it away from the American President he's keeping it away from Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs. I do agree with you that it's more efficient to avoid the tax and spend the money yourself.
No I don't the last bit on Gates was ment to be tongue in cheek. It always goes back to the point that tax avoidance is not illegal but morally wrong. The other point you have failed to point out is that the Guardian makes losses and during those years it didn't make tax payment it was due to rolled up losses. The only time it does make a profit is when it sells its investments

So you would advocate not paying tax if you don't support the government in power?

The Queen also has plenty of charitable exploits; why are you happy to let Gates off but not her?
It was a joke and regardless of who is in government you pay your taxes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.