Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

With sensible pricing we could easily accommodate a further 30,000 spectators for big matches. An extended North Stand first off followed by enlarged CB and East Stand third tiers. Then whip the roof off and replace it with a closeable one with tv/scoreboard suspended above the centre circle just like the Veltins Arena. Then fill in the corners joining all stands together. We will then have the best stadium in England.
All to be done by August next year. That'll keep Bernstein busy for a bit!

I'm guessing that's this we are now 9 months on from the consultation starting
http://www.manchester.gov.uk/downloads/download/6702/eastlands_regeneration_framework
This is a fantastic vision for the future of Manchester with our club at the heart of it. I know it's been in the public domain since February but not one general news outlet has bothered to report it properly. What we are doing is ground-breaking in terms of how a football club can lead regeneration of an entire region. It's a new sustainable model which should be copied by big sports organisations across the world but sadly most of the media is incapable of understanding what is going on. They will still be repeating the "oil money" mantra for years. Meanwhile Manchester will have a new university, new hotels and homes, and a new waterfront playground exending from Great Ancoats Street to Phillips Park. It's great to see our city leading the world again.

Interesting Tolmie intimated that our owners investment would slow as they tighten their belts but this appointment would suggest that Bernstein has been appointed to play an influential role in something that’s likely to happen quite quickly - and be of a scale greater than an extension of the N Stand. Development around the stadium on the collar site has been slow and I’d have thought out owners would want to showcase how they can develop and regenerate - they are proud people. I know nothing but I’d expect big things to be announced in 2018. Re the North Stand I wonder if the delay relates to a rethink regarding the design or its interaction with other projects /developments.

Interesting Tolmie intimated that our owners investment would slow as they tighten their belts but this appointment would suggest that Bernstein has been appointed to play an influential role in something that’s likely to happen quite quickly - and be of a scale greater than an extension of the N Stand. Development around the stadium on the collar site has been slow and I’d have thought out owners would want to showcase how they can develop and regenerate - they are proud people. I know nothing but I’d expect big things to be announced in 2018. Re the North Stand I wonder if the delay relates to a rethink regarding the design or its interaction with other projects /developments.
Or waiting until the existing capacity is fully utilised for FA Cup and Champions' League matches?

The Wolves match proves that with sensible pricing it is possible to come near to filling the stadium even for a League Cup tie. Can this be done for the Feyenoord match?

Or waiting until the existing capacity is fully utilised for FA Cup and Champions' League matches?

The Wolves match proves that with sensible pricing it is possible to come near to filling the stadium even for a League Cup tie. Can this be done for the Feyenoord match?
I don't understand this mentality, surely you plan for the future because if you wait till the stadium is full every week it is costing you money in lost revenue. I don't believe the business men at the club give a toss about emptyhad jibes like most people on here do.

I don't understand this mentality, surely you plan for the future because if you wait till the stadium is full every week it is costing you money in lost revenue. I don't believe the business men at the club give a toss about emptyhad jibes like most people on here do.

Correct. Planning for the future, means just that.
Planning for the present would ensure more of those seats that are empty are filled. They are empty because of poor organisation not because they have not or cannot be sold.

The Abu Dhabi royal family tightening their belts is a difficult concept to imagine. Do they actually wear belts, or is it just a piece of rope nowadays.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.