Champions League 2017/18 - Knock Out Stages

I'm not bothered who we play in the last 16 or any other round for that matter, if City are on their game they can beat any team on the planet, I think we have a real chance of winning it this season, there isn't a team out there that are playing at a higher level than us at the moment.

I'm not bothered who we play in the last 16 or any other round for that matter, if City are on their game they can beat any team on the planet, I think we have a real chance of winning it this season, there isn't a team out there that are playing at a higher level than us at the moment.

I think the way we are playing will ensure an easy draw. They won't want any of the big teams put out ;)

Have we with 100% certainty won our group yet? I don't think so. I hope we have after the next game (City vs Feyenoord, Napoli vs. Shaktar). If we win our group I would actually like us to draw Bayern and beat the bastards.
No, we haven't. If we beat Feyenoord and Shakhtar beat Napoli, we will have 15 points, they will have 12. So then if they beat us in Ukraine it all comes down to the head to head. Given they lost 2-0 in Manchester they need to beat us 3-0 to qualify as group winners.
If we beat Fayenoord at home (probable) then Shaktar have to win in Naples.
If they do then it's a pure old style head-to-head European tie between us and Shakhtar in the final game with us 2-0 up after the first leg - The rest of the group games don't matter.
Personally I hope we do get through as group winners with a game to spare.
I don't fancy a trip to the Ukraine for a group decider the week before the derby! I'd rather hope we could play our second string in the Ukraine (including Foden and Diaz).

I think Napoli will beat Shaktar in Naples and I am certain we will beat Feyenoord, if we take the game seriously as I believe we will.. We can then send who we want to the Ukraine and leave the team to face the rags at home as far as possible.

By the way where are Shaktar playing their CL home games? It's not Donetsk as thats in the Russian separatist zone.

I would play a strong team vs Feyenoord but also start maybe Tosin with Stones and Foden/Diaz. It should still be enough to win and will be easier for the youngsters playing with our best players. Hopefully we can get the win and start all youngsters and “reserves” against Shakhtar.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.