TV Series

My Kodi is out of action for the foreseeable (Raspberry Pi with some coded server program...pita to update - Firestick next).
So...no GOT et al - just Netflix.
TWD does seem a little lost (in many ways) but still just about tuning in.
House of Cards (surely done for now) was very slick but a bit silly...
So...I’m out of box sets.
That Black looks interesting - there are some great Korean films out there and I tend to buy into the dialogue/acting much more than the Scandinavian stuff.
Owt else out there (favourites were Mad Men, Sopranos, True Detective, first 4 series of Breaking Bad, Fargo).

True, although the story telling in the last series or two have pretty much been 16, 1 hour episodes of nothingness. Completely dragged out. That may be why this feels rushed as they may have swung fully the other way. I rather this way than feeling bored and robbed every week. It has lost its way and I wish it was wrapped up but sadly I don't think it will anytime soon.
Not enjoying it so far. Lots and lots of gunfights but I don't really know whats going on. Where are they attacking? What happened to Negan and the priest? One thing thats bugging me, we know the king fella puts on his Shakespearian dialect for effect, but youre telling me that in the middle of a gun fight he'd keep it up? no way? "By gads you peasants, run forth for the hills as thine enemy has us asunder"

I find 'Mindhunters' a very odd watch. From ep 1, I couldn't warm to the lead character at all(perhaps it designed that way?). I found the dialogue to be wholly artificial and not how people speak. No pauses, no thought or pauses, just straight dialogue. Almost like a book/ read through.

I almost threw it away. It was only meeting the first villain that captured the imagination and turned the whole tide.

In fact, I found relation of a psychopathic nature between 'Ford' and the interviewees! That, though, may just be the way the actor played the emotionless character.

Not perfect, but fairly interesting.
I really enjoyed the series but I thought exactly the same regarding the lead. It was almost like he had aspergers. I did wonder whether it was a mild case of psychosis that allows his to interact with the criminals so effortlessly.

I really enjoyed the series but I thought exactly the same regarding the lead. It was almost like he had aspergers. I did wonder whether it was a mild case of psychosis that allows his to interact with the criminals so effortlessly.
Yeah, I enjoyed it too. Bit more thoughtful than most. I think that the character of Holden Ford was supposed to display some of the behaviours and thought patterns of the monsters he was interviewing. He definately is played as a strange dude, hence the lack of relationship with his colleagues who were also concerned about his behaviours and methods. I will certainly look forward to the second series.

Mindhunter

Watched it all and I thought it was so bland. Just boring really, never got going

Mindhunter

Watched it all and I thought it was so bland. Just boring really, never got going

I watched the first 2 episodes and it didn't grab me so I gave the rest of it a swerve.

I have found a series about the JFK assassination called 11.22.63 about a bloke travelling back in time to prevent JFK's death which is pretty decent and i'd give it 8 out of 10.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.