Away games in home end

Wolves for a cup match was OK and the locals were very complimentary

Leicester for the first FA Cup away game when they scored after a few minutes but we salvaged a draw was more emotional... the only song I could join in with was "There's only one City". We did go on and win it from there which made the whole experience worthwhile

Anyone ever done a home game in the away end just for the fun of it?

In the 90's at main road, my mates from Blackburn said lets all go the game and sit together in main stand, my mate arranged tickets ( rovers fan ).. The ***** got me a ticket in rovers section north stand, I was the only city fan.. It was really shit, they won to. Having city fans look at me shouting "you t**t" !!

Been to loads of away games and sat with home fans.. Most memorable was sunderland 4 or 5 years ago. Couldn't get a ticket so rang sunderland and sat with home fans in the main stand. They where sound as a pound, took it really well that I was a city fan, we all had a beer at half time. So season after I did same again, I got the same exact seat as the ticket office had it down against my name. The best ever was walking down to my seat and all same sunderland fans from year before sat there. They said "please come again any time blue, more than welcome"... we got beat 1 nil last minute penalty !!

In the 90's at main road, my mates from Blackburn said lets all go the game and sit together in main stand, my mate arranged tickets ( rovers fan ).. The ***** got me a ticket in rovers section north stand, I was the only city fan.. It was really shit, they won to. Having city fans look at me shouting "you t**t" !!

Been to loads of away games and sat with home fans.. Most memorable was sunderland 4 or 5 years ago. Couldn't get a ticket so rang sunderland and sat with home fans in the main stand. They where sound as a pound, took it really well that I was a city fan, we all had a beer at half time. So season after I did same again, I got the same exact seat as the ticket office had it down against my name. The best ever was walking down to my seat and all same sunderland fans from year before sat there. They said "please come again any time blue, more than welcome"... we got beat 1 nil last minute penalty !!
Will never ever forget that last ,min defeat.i left with 5 mins to go,score 0-0,we had been much the better team ..got back to car...saw an old age pensioner with a transistor radio to his ear dancing a wild jig of delight on a street corner..my heart sank..

Anyone risk their life in the Stoke end in 98?

On The Boothen End in August 67.

Rammed with City and it got very boisterous when the stokies came in late.

Basicly a heaving,punching,kicking mass for 90 minutes and then back to the station.

Never forget Pete Lockwood swinging a baseball bat round on a leather strap. Stokies going down like nine pins. Mayhem.

Yep - was at in their main stand - 4 of us. We were very restrained but at the end got the 'see you next season lads'. Lucky considering what went on.

Also done Derby County (old Baseball Ground), Blackburn, Wolves, Wigan and worst of all Coventry in the FA cup when a group of us got jumped and we ended up over the wall and onto the pitch. luckily unscathed and they walked us into the City End.

On The Boothen End in August 67.

Rammed with City and it got very boisterous when the stokies came in late.

Basicly a heaving,punching,kicking mass for 90 minutes and then back to the station.

Never forget Pete Lockwood swinging a baseball bat round on a leather strap. Stokies going down like nine pins. Mayhem.
Wow...were there many away matches like that in the title winning season?
Or was that just an early season one-off?

This thread has brought back some happy memories and some scary ones. I have to admit that some of my away games in the home end were deliberate in my younger days. I just loved the buz and anticipation of it going off but not anymore as I can't run as fast. Here's my list -

Liverpool
Everton
Swamp
Leeds
WBA
Stoke
Aston Villa
Oldham
Blackburn
Bolton
Newcastle
Sunderland
Middleborough
Ipswich
Tottenham
West Ham
Arsenal
Brentford

Saw vintage violence from this match online..if you ve not seen it and was there its worth having a peep.at

TBH it was almost as violent in the away end,...but after the match.. as the lovely stokies pelted us with bricks ,behind the stand (outside) when we were trapped with no where to go at all.a few bricks whistled past my head and hit Blues in frontt of me,splitting their head open,knocking them down,or causing them to smile and cheer, depending on how pissed up they were.
Happy Daze..

I remember ringing Arsenal (pre internet days) for a ticket v City as I couldn't get one in the City end. She must have said (due to my NW accent) about 10 times "you do realise these are home tickets"'. At the very end of the call she reiterated once more "just to remind you if Man City score and you are a City fan and cheer you will be thrown out" to which I replied - "it's alright we haven't scored at Highbury in about 10 years so I don't see it starting now". She still sent the ticket

Wow...were there many away matches like that in the title winning season?
Or was that just an early season one-off?

Frequently....and in earlier years.

Not usually organised,just spontaneous,but taking an end was the big thing back then.

City didn't really have a mob as such,but there were a lot of very hard lads who went to all the away games,never backed down and were as game as feck.

Lots from Gorton & Whythy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.