Apathy about upcoming England games?

Big Swifty

Unless I've missed it, I can't see a thread about England's games against two of the world's biggest names - Germany & Brazil.
Does this reflect an indifference to the national side compared with the fervour about our clubs? Is it because the endless stream of meaningless friendlies is just too much of a good thing? Is it because we worry about our players getting injured? Is it because the manager picks players I've never heard of? (granted, he has multiple withdrawals to contend with).
Or is it that the national side can replicate neither the skills nor the excitement on display in the PL?
I know these upcoming internationals are not totally meaningless in that national prestige is at stake, but is that what we are interested in these days?
When I were a lad...... internationals were the highlights of the season, along with the FA Cup Final.

In my case, total apathy. I've no interest whatsoever theses days. The only good thing about this particular break is that it gives our lads a well earned rest from the Premier League. End of.

I know these upcoming internationals are not totally meaningless in that national prestige is at stake, but is that what we are interested in these days?
Personally I don't even think that national prestige is at stake.

These matches are simply televised practice sessions with nothing on the line whatsoever - get a few minutes from the starters and then trot out backups to figure out who might make the final squad. Match results are meaningless.

On radio the other day they were talking about these internationals, think they were saying about how pointless it was to both teams really and that no-one is bothered.

I do hope the players and manager are actually bothered about winning a game of football whether it be a friendly or not. It perked my interest that we are playing decent sides, but the withdrawls have dampend it slightly.

Sane and Gundogan in the German squad. Danilo, Jesus and Fernadinho in Brazil squad.

In my case, total apathy. I've no interest whatsoever theses days. The only good thing about this particular break is that it gives our lads a well earned rest from the Premier League. End of.
This for me also, i have not watched the recent matches and had no desire to find out the scores either. I think i had enough of it when it was clear we were cack but the media put us on a pedestal. The golden generation? the highly paid media whore generation mostly.

I really do find brand beckham shit and self serving to any means so that did not help having that gaping maw all over tv and papers with his vapid annoyingly dense wife. It all turned out his charity shit was all under pretense to get a knighthood which in turn helps brand beckham and help tax payments etc. That whole era was shit and England as a footy team is intrinsically affiliated with it to me. You can add Rooney to that shitlist to.

So now i just don't have the emotional connection or will to follow the national team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.