Apathy about upcoming England games?

I feel almost like a traitor because of my total indifference to the England team because for me, there are too many players being picked that shouldn't be anywhere near the international stage.
It's been this way for so many years now that I'm finding it increasingly difficult to even muster an ounce of enthusiasm whenever there is an England game. I shall probably watch the game but that's only because I love football. I'd feel the same way if Burton Albion were playing Mansfield Town: couldn't give a fuck one way or the other but if it's on telly and it's free I shall watch it.

I enjoyed England under Sir Bobby Robson, but since then I've seen nothing from the various managers or players in the team to ignite even a spark of interest.

Jordan Henderson, world class? Phil 'The Face', world class? Jesus fucking wept!

I feel almost like a traitor because of my total indifference to the England team because for me, there are too many players being picked that shouldn't be anywhere near the international stage.
It's been this way for so many years now that I'm finding it increasingly difficult to even muster an ounce of enthusiasm whenever there is an England game. I shall probably watch the game but that's only because I love football. I'd feel the same way if Burton Albion were playing Mansfield Town: couldn't give a fuck one way or the other but if it's on telly and it's free I shall watch it.

I enjoyed England under Sir Bobby Robson, but since then I've seen nothing from the various managers or players in the team to ignite even a spark of interest.

Jordan Henderson, world class? Phil 'The Face', world class? Jesus fucking wept!

That's Captain Henderson to you.

He reminds me of a younger Joey Barton, but with less charisma and less skill.

I remember feeling very proud of an England team that had Colin Bell and Frannie Lee in it + Buzzer sometimes. Friendlies even had a buzz about them. I wonder why things have changed so much - is it cynicism with the FA, an overload of football, underperformance over a number of years. Nowadays it just seems so irrelevant and an annoying distraction from the main event.

I'm already looking forward to listening to the commentary creaming themselves over every Rashford heavy touch and mishit. At least they can't crucify Sterling like they usually do, though saying that, I'm sure they will still give it a good go.

Honestly couldn't care less. I have always seen the England team as a "London thing" and this is made worse by them always playing at Wembley. It got worse during the "happy clappy" David Beckham is God period. My views have deepened in recent years when our players: Barry, Milner, and latterly Stones and Sterling have been made scapegoats by the national media and so-called England fans. This week's decision by the FA not to take action against Wenger confirms my position. I will watch the World Cup and enjoy seeing our players in Russia but I'm sorry I just can't get excited about the England team.

Is there ever any point in watching England? we all know deep down they will never win nowt,and the semi's are all we can hope for if were lucky,my advice to any uncapped English player is to sign for the rags as the will be guaranteed a England cap whether good or bad.

World cup yes.
International cups - Maybe, sometimes.
Friendlies - I'd rather wash my arse with a brillo pad. Complete and utter waste of everyone's time.

It's the english players i feel sorry for, imagine being coached by Pep only to be hauled away to be lectured by Gareth "Fucking" Southgate for trying to play out of the back. To a team where Lingaard and Rashford are seen as the future. God have mercy on them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.