City 10 Huddersfield 1

I remember being 20-years old, sat in my Chorlton bedsit listening to James H and The Doc on Piccadilly... "it's a GOAL" 10 times..!! marvellous!
I remember being 20 years old n doing the conga in North Stand with 150 of me mates as the 10th went in...

Happy fuckin days indeed :-)

Last edited:
Thought I'd posted already about this game

I was in Belize with the RAF listening to the World Service... Loads of Blues there too.. early morning when the game was on and we were pretty hung-over as I recall but it was a great way to wake up....

9 months in the Caribbean and getting paid for it... Awesome

Stayed in an old Nissen Hut we called the "Belize Hilton".... a dorm I shared with the Armourers, GEF "Heavies" and "Leccies", MT Fitters (I was one) and Painters' and Finishers (Dopeys) plus a load of Cockroaches and Mice.... Good times

Haha great!
I was in GEF stationed at home (N.Luffenham). Train to the game, sat in the main stand, loved it, 1 man pitch invasion at the end which is still on YouTube.
Anyone remember typical City?
I came home for the away league game too.
We had gone to pieces by then, late in the season and we embarrassed ourselves with a 1-0 defeat. And for anyone who remembers, not many Blues there either, only 2-3000.

Haha great!
I was in GEF stationed at home (N.Luffenham). Train to the game, sat in the main stand, loved it, 1 man pitch invasion at the end which is still on YouTube.
Anyone remember typical City?
I came home for the away league game too.
We had gone to pieces by then, late in the season and we embarrassed ourselves with a 1-0 defeat. And for anyone who remembers, not many Blues there either, only 2-3000.
A memory stirs.......

Getting more distant by the game

Remember, Remember, member,
When, when?
City scored 10

We were avaerage but days like this made it worth while. Part of my favourite days watching City from the Kippax as a teenager.

No idea. I remember them joking in the post-match interview: "I think they're going to give us three balls..............each."
I think Whitey joked that he was going to have it but then Paul Stewart said it should go to Adcock because he was new and had taken time to settle. Or something. I can barely remember last week but remember stuff that like that. My second best day at City (after the 5-1).

There too, season ticket block M North Stand. Always regarded it as one of those tales to tell the grandkids 'days like that make it all worthwhile' sort of thing to keep their spirits up when we continued to struggle for eternity.

Best mate chose to shopping for this one - sick as a chip afterwards.

By half time I did wonder at the potentiality of my grandad having another stroke if he was listening at home.

And I'm sure Gidman also missed a sitter near the end - resulting in the dig from one of the other lads on the TV show that he'd later given away the peno as he didn't want to miss out on the limelight.

I heard the 30 years ago reference and I couldn't believe it, I had upgraded to the Main Stand for some reason, it was something I'll never forget.
Mind you I have played the video so many times I know every word off by heart, Good old days, turn up pissed no expectations, jumpers for goalposts, Greenhalls bitter, blah blah....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.