City post record revenues of £473.4million for 16/17

Showing little profit indicates reinvestment, we all should be content with that? ZERO debt ,wonder how many other clubs can make that claim????

I don't need a lesson lol,i'm not up on how much the top teams profits are,perhaps someone else is?
Revenue is the important one where Football clubs are concerned. You don’t actually want huge profits if you’re a fan. 20% increase in turnover is huge as it allows us to buy the players we want and pay them accordingly.

Replacing half the first team and still making a profit is all good in my eyes.

Doesn't include the summer transfers, this is at the bottom, so I assume next years figures will need to cover the amortised version of the £161 mill net spend which I guess is about £30 mill /year we will need to find.

28. EVENTS AFTER THE REPORTING DATE Since the year end the Club has entered into agreements to acquire the football registrations of Ederson Santana de Moraes (from Benfica), Kyle Walker (from Tottenham Hotspur FC), Benjamin Mendy (from AS Monaco FC), Danilo Luiz da Silva (from Real Madrid C.F.), Bernardo Silva (from AS Monaco FC), Douglas Luiz Soares de Paulo (from CR Vasco da Gama), Olarenwaju Kayode (from FK Austria Wien), Ivan Ilic (from Red Star Belgrade), Luka Ilic (from Red Star Belgrade) and Uriel Antuna (from Santos Laguna). The football registrations of Wilfried Bony (to Swansea City AFC), Kelechi Iheanacho (to Leicester City FC), Manuel Agudo Durán (to Sevilla FC), Fernando Francisco Reges Mouta (to Galatasaray SK), Samir Nasri (to Antalyaspor), Aleksandar Kolarov (to AS Roma), Jadon Sancho (to Borussia Dortmund), Olivier Ntcham (to Celtic FC), Rubén Sobrino (to Deportivo Alavés) and Bruno Zuculini (to Hellas Verona FC) have been sold. The net expenditure on these transactions was approximately £161m.

Revenue is the important one where Football clubs are concerned. You don’t actually want huge profits if you’re a fan. 20% increase in turnover is huge as it allows us to buy the players we want and pay them accordingly.
Thanks,i'm looking at this the wrong way

Doesn't include the summer transfers, this is at the bottom, so I assume next years figures will need to cover the amortised version of the £161 mill net spend which I guess is about £30 mill /year we will need to find.

28. EVENTS AFTER THE REPORTING DATE Since the year end the Club has entered into agreements to acquire the football registrations of Ederson Santana de Moraes (from Benfica), Kyle Walker (from Tottenham Hotspur FC), Benjamin Mendy (from AS Monaco FC), Danilo Luiz da Silva (from Real Madrid C.F.), Bernardo Silva (from AS Monaco FC), Douglas Luiz Soares de Paulo (from CR Vasco da Gama), Olarenwaju Kayode (from FK Austria Wien), Ivan Ilic (from Red Star Belgrade), Luka Ilic (from Red Star Belgrade) and Uriel Antuna (from Santos Laguna). The football registrations of Wilfried Bony (to Swansea City AFC), Kelechi Iheanacho (to Leicester City FC), Manuel Agudo Durán (to Sevilla FC), Fernando Francisco Reges Mouta (to Galatasaray SK), Samir Nasri (to Antalyaspor), Aleksandar Kolarov (to AS Roma), Jadon Sancho (to Borussia Dortmund), Olivier Ntcham (to Celtic FC), Rubén Sobrino (to Deportivo Alavés) and Bruno Zuculini (to Hellas Verona FC) have been sold. The net expenditure on these transactions was approximately £161m.

Ah right. Cheers for the correction.

But will also include, as income, the sales of those players which are all booked in the year. The sales of Nacho and Kola would cover that amortisation figure alone. We’ll actually be in profit on the trading this year when you add Sancho’s fee and a few others.

The additional amortisation will need to be found next year though (2018/19).

Revenue is higher than the sub-£450m I expected but the net profit is a lot lower than the £28m I estimated. I'll have a good look at the accounts and report back.

How does that lower profit affect us from an FFP/spending viewpoint, both in terms of what we've already spent and what we intend to spend next summer? Wasn't the estimated amortised amount for this summer's splurge about £30m?

But will also include, as income, the sales of those players which are all booked in the year. The sales of Nacho and Kola would cover that amortisation figure alone.
Yes I don't fully understand it, I was just deviding the net figure given by 5 to get a rough idea, I assume also getting players like Sterling and Debruyne on extended contracts will bring down our amortised fees as well, the older players like Silva and Fernandinho too to a lesser extent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.