Away games in home end

I was about 5 yards from when Pointon 'tackled' gigs in retaliation for him having left a foot in earlier. Cue a full on handbags show before Pointon saw red. When it had all finished, the seriously injured gigs got up, winked at the crowd and jogged back into the action. It was fookin great when Curle equalised later on but I certainly kept my head down.

I was in the Blackburn end at maine road. My sister worked for CIS and got me & a mate a ticket! Think it was Edgehill who scored and we celebrated and got chucked into the north stand city end by police where all my other mates sat! That worked out pretty well

Frequently....and in earlier years.

Not usually organised,just spontaneous,but taking an end was the big thing back then.

City didn't really have a mob as such,but there were a lot of very hard lads who went to all the away games,never backed down and were as game as feck.

Lots from Gorton & Whythy.
Did u go spurs away,68,game before the newcastle title decider
If you did,what was that like?!

Yep - was at in their main stand - 4 of us. We were very restrained but at the end got the 'see you next season lads'. Lucky considering what went on.

Also done Derby County (old Baseball Ground), Blackburn, Wolves, Wigan and worst of all Coventry in the FA cup when a group of us got jumped and we ended up over the wall and onto the pitch. luckily unscathed and they walked us into the City End.

Was that the one where the city fans were ripping seats out in the away end?

In reverse, who takes mates that support opposing teams in our ends? We took a mate in who is a rag, local lad and season ticket holder (but now lives daaahn sarrrf) in the North Stand with us for what turned out to be the 5-1 ..... he just sat there squirming.

Have Geordie mate coming down in Jan and he's having the seat of a mate who will be away, next to me for that game. Good lad, not a gobshite. Likewise he got me and mate in the Gallowgate with him for the 2-0 penultimate win in 2012 .... never any hassle if you behave either way.

On The Boothen End in August 67.

Rammed with City and it got very boisterous when the stokies came in late.

Basicly a heaving,punching,kicking mass for 90 minutes and then back to the station.

Never forget Pete Lockwood swinging a baseball bat round on a leather strap. Stokies going down like nine pins. Mayhem.

I was at that game too. Got there dead early after setting off to hitch it..think the second lorry we thumbed stopped and
took us all the way there! Remember hanging about the streets outside the ground until the train arrived full of city then
we all piled into the Boothen and waited for the stokies to turn up. Remember a city fan on crutches twatting any clay head
coming in range...like you say it all got a bit rowdy.

Saw vintage violence from this match online..if you ve not seen it and was there its worth having a peep.at

TBH it was almost as violent in the away end,...but after the match.. as the lovely stokies pelted us with bricks ,behind the stand (outside) when we were trapped with no where to go at all.a few bricks whistled past my head and hit Blues in frontt of me,splitting their head open,knocking them down,or causing them to smile and cheer, depending on how pissed up they were.
Happy Daze..
Christ I remember that bricking. I had my back to a coach looking forward so I could see the bricks coming when some twat threw one from the side of the fence, it was only last second instinct that saved me from looking a lot uglier than I did already. The annoying part about that was that the City fans were in good humour despite going down. Unfortunately stoke fans don’t do humour.

Did u go spurs away,68,game before the newcastle title decider
If you did,what was that like?!

I hitched it to that one as well(must have been mad or skint or both as I was only 13 at the time)but got there late and missed the
first half I think. Managed to get in without paying but I was only 5 foot nothing and hardly saw any of the match. Don't remember any trouble
but city were loud and proud as usual.

The Stoke and Blackburn relegation games stick out. Like several others I nearly got filled in at the first but the second was like a home match. The Kop at Sheffield United was sound and literally sat down at Goodison before the cops arrived and took us into the away end. Liverpool was OK as well.

I've had the chance to go into the United end, but how anyone could enjoy that is beyond me.
I think it’s more about doing what you can to be there rather than enjoyment.

My first away end was Chelsea in 1978, City won 4-1 with a Ron Futcher Hat Trick !! I was about 14 and went with a mate who was a Chelsea fan we were in the top tier of their New Stand and will always remember a pissed Chelsea fan screaming you're a "Fucking Masturbater" at me after I celebrated the 4th !!! Best part of the day was my mate blagging his way on to the City Bus and getting my Program singed by most of the team !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.