The Simod cup!

W W

worsleyweb

Go back 29 years and 363 days and I believe we beat Plymouth 6-2 in this great completion. I was there to see Tony Adock score his hatrick in front of a crowd of about 5000!

Anyone got any memories of the simod cup games! Have to confess that’s the only game I can remember.

Go back 29 years and 363 days and I believe we beat Plymouth 6-2 in this great completion. I was there to see Tony Adock score his hatrick in front of a crowd of about 5000!

Anyone got any memories of the simod cup games! Have to confess that’s the only game I can remember.

Tony A dock.........
burdock-280511-002.jpg

I remember a Full Members game at Bramall Lane (I was working in Sheffield at the time) where Mark Ward scored twice in a 2-0 win in front of a crowd of about 5,000. The previous Saturday we'd played them at Maine Rd in the league and won 2-0 and Mark Ward had scored both goals then as well! Also recall a pen shoot-out against Sunderland(?) at Maine Rd on our way to the Wembley final in 1986.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.