Ditching Sky

Only just seen this thread, I renew every year or 18 months with Sky and same sketch every time. I just tell them to cut to the chase and get the best deal out, get to the manager etc and usually takes me 30 mins and I get what I want.

Not sure of exact breakdown but it's always about £100 per month, but that's for absolutely everything, unlimited super fast broadband and phone line, all sports, movies etc and then also 2 multi room subscriptions with HD as well for the kids and my bedroom.

Only just seen this thread, I renew every year or 18 months with Sky and same sketch every time. I just tell them to cut to the chase and get the best deal out, get to the manager etc and usually takes me 30 mins and I get what I want.

Not sure of exact breakdown but it's always about £100 per month, but that's for absolutely everything, unlimited super fast broadband and phone line, all sports, movies etc and then also 2 multi room subscriptions with HD as well for the kids and my bedroom.
Haggle,haggle,haggle or tell them to fuck off ..

And it worked good for him,I probably wouldn’t have the patience I’d have just told them there and then either give me a decent discount or fuck off..
That's what I do mate, but they aren't daft. I live in Rammy and we don't have Virgin here (lol), so I don't have much to threaten them with, but I'm a "Sky Black VIP" lmao as I've been with them over 20 years and consequently they are good when I phone up. The 30 mins is just working out the best set of discounts to get cheapest total deal. Piece of piss.

Actually just checked and it's 40% off that I get.

I'm sure you can probably get a bit more than 40%, and I will now keep my eye on this thread, but tbh I'm happy with what I get and couldn't live without my Sky (as much as I hate the fuckers)

I need to get on this as I’m getting rinsed every month
Mate, the funniest bit, that made me realise how many people get discounts is that nowadays you normally don't even have to speak to anyone to get your new set of discounts every year, they actually have an automated option on the phone call to renew your discounts, lol.

It is better to speak to someone though as you always get a bit more, I've found it's better to be straight with them rather than veiled shite threats.

That's what I do mate, but they aren't daft. I live in Rammy and we don't have Virgin here (lol), so I don't have much to threaten them with, but I'm a "Sky Black VIP" lmao as I've been with them over 20 years and consequently they are good when I phone up. The 30 mins is just working out the best set of discounts to get cheapest total deal. Piece of piss.

Actually just checked and it's 40% off that I get.
Hahaha good on you mate..

Mate, the funniest bit, that made me realise how many people get discounts is that nowadays you normally don't even have to speak to anyone to get your new set of discounts every year, they actually have an automated option on the phone call to renew your discounts, lol.

It is better to speak to someone though as you always get a bit more, I've found it's better to be straight with them rather than veiled shite threats.

Snap :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.