Car Write offs?

BigJoe#1

Anyone work in insurance or have informed views of car write off criteria?

My VW Golf 2011 was rear ended yesterday and is undriveable, now waiting estimation for repair,

The car is worth between £5k - £6k. The rear axle looks to be bent, new wheel and tyre required, new light cluster, new bumper, new rear nearside panel required, has parking sensors.... in a garage I think it's about £2.5k to £3.5k worth if work.

Will it be written off ar if my price estimation is correct would they repair?

Any thoughts anyone?

Cheers

Best to wait for what the inspecting engineer brings up for starters. Its a calculation between value of vehicle in undamaged state - value of vehicle in damaged state and cost of repairs - depending on how those numbers stack up depends on the verdict.

My VW Golf 2011 was rear ended yesterday and is undriveable, now waiting estimation for repair,

The car is worth between £5k - £6k. The rear axle looks to be bent, new wheel and tyre required, new light cluster, new bumper, new rear nearside panel required, has parking sensors.... in a garage I think it's about £2.5k to £3.5k worth if work.

Any thoughts anyone?

Cheers

Write off mate

Without seeing the car it is difficult to comment but I would suggest any crash bad enough to bend a rear axle is big enough to write off the car. Give your insurance company a call ASAP and get a courtesy car.

Confirm everything in writing. Take photos & names. Settlement should be based on 'Retail Transaction Value'.

Privilege offered me £11 grand less than my car was worth (RTV) after a straight forward theft. Took 9 months to resolve & had to use the Ombudsman.

They were totally uncooperative & obstructive.

Someone else could've been had !!

They'll pay you out on its book price.
My car got torched in Newton heath in 2003, my insurers at the time said we'll collct your car , inspect it and ring you. Anyway a week went past and nothing so I rang them and they said it's still being looked at which puzzled me as I thought what is there to look at as it's burnt out.
Turns out the pikeys had it away and my insurers got nowhere near it. Paid me out two an half grand on a car that was 8 years old and had 100k on the clock so i was made up.
Just like to say thanks to the scrotes that torched it as it paid for a nice holiday.

Any thoughts anyone?
9b6.gif

the plural of off is offs, so no apostrophe needed (unless you are a greengrocer).
and write-off is hyphenated, so the thread title should be "car write-offs".

Any thoughts anyone?

Cheers

That looks as though its a write off.....they will pay you the market value of the car (ie enough to get yourself a 2011 VW Golf in the same condition and spec as yours was immediately prior to the loss).

One option is to see if you can get it repaired cheaper yourself .. allow the company to make you an offer then ask if you can buy the salvage (they can sell it to you as long as the damage isn't so severe that it would be dangerous to put the car back on the road)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.