The Simod cup!

I remember (just I think) Mark Ward being on a mad scoring run of penalties, he seemed to hit them in off the inside of the right post, and he scored another verse Middlesboro in the competition, think it ended 2:1, but sure who too ? Also we played Watford and Wimbledon in it too , with only 4 Wimbledon fans in all of the Platt Lane .

remember beating Leeds 5-1 at home. Crowd of approx 4k

Just did a bit of digging. It was October 85 and in fact it finished 6-1. Gordon Davies scored a hat trick in only his 2nd game for the club. The attendance was 4,029

Leeds goal was scored by Peter Lorimer. I thought he'd retired years before this !!

Last edited:
I went to see Reading beat Luton Town in the final, circa 1986.... just sayin like.

I remember being at this...

on a Weds night in February. 0-0 after 90, it going to extra time and then they scored 2 goals right at the end.

And then we had to run the gauntlet of the Leeds fans on the way out. Not great.

EDIT: This is Zenith Data Systems so not sure it counts...?

I went to see Reading beat Luton Town in the final, circa 1986.... just sayin like.
Wasn't the Simod cup just the sponsored full members cup ? Because the 1986 final was the first final and it was City (4) v Chelsea (5) .

I remember being at this...

on a Weds night in February. 0-0 after 90, it going to extra time and then they scored 2 goals right at the end.

And then we had to run the gauntlet of the Leeds fans on the way out. Not great.

EDIT: This is Zenith Data Systems so not sure it counts...?

Wasn't the Simod cup just the sponsored full members cup ? Because the 1986 final was the first final and it was City (4) v Chelsea (5) .

The Full Members' Cup was an association football cup competition held in English football from 1985 to 1992. It was also known under its sponsored names of the Simod Cup from 1987 to 1989 and the Zenith Data Systems Cup from 1989 to 1992

I went to Hillsborough in 91 and we had Hendry up front and Ronnie Mauge playing left midfield. Think that was ZDS though. Were Simod some crappy trainers?

I went to Hillsborough in 91 and we had Hendry up front and Ronnie Mauge playing left midfield. Think that was ZDS though. Were Simod some crappy trainers?

Yes I had a pair. Really shit white ones. I threw them on the permit of the stage at my school assembley hall at school and they stayed on the top of it for years.

remember beating Leeds 5-1 at home. Crowd of approx 4k

Just did a bit of digging. It was October 85 and in fact it finished 6-1. Gordon Davies scored a hat trick in only his 2nd game for the club. The attendance was 4,029

Leeds goal was scored by Peter Lorimer. I thought he'd retired years before this !!
We couldn’t get in as they had no half price child admission in the Kippax. Nice one Swales!

Let it go, let it go...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.