Guardiola now accused of ruining Italian football!

Oh yeah it was a bitter comment but however much he wanted it to come out as a defiant stance it comes over very weak and bitter. I am glad because it is about time that got smashed.
No, I don't think it's bitter, it's a compliment. Pep is going to change English football and all this is saying is that he will revolutionise Italian football too. He is saying, if you like, we thought we were superior, but Pep's little City have given us a lesson, beating our runaway leaders comprehensively. This is just a measure of what Pep is doing, the whole world is sitting up and taking notice and wondering "can they keep this up ?" I know we are just little old City, but I read a story about how, in Brazil, we are causing waves. Enjoy, we are the centre of world attention. On US networks, we are now the prem team with the highest viewing figures. How the rags must hate it. Enjoy our day in the sun.

Because every year in football is the same, so the Liverpool team with Souness in it, would undoubtably finish above us in the Prem & win the Champions League now, or Nottingham Forest perhaps, or Liverpool under Rafa, or Utd maybe, or Jose's Inter.

Or my fucking arse.
That's impressive. You have an arse. And it fucks. Have you told David Attenborough?

No, I don't think it's bitter, it's a compliment. Pep is going to change English football and all this is saying is that he will revolutionise Italian football too. He is saying, if you like, we thought we were superior, but Pep's little City have given us a lesson, beating our runaway leaders comprehensively. This is just a measure of what Pep is doing, the whole world is sitting up and taking notice and wondering "can they keep this up ?" I know we are just little old City, but I read a story about how, in Brazil, we are causing waves. Enjoy, we are the centre of world attention. On US networks, we are now the prem team with the highest viewing figures. How the rags must hate it. Enjoy our day in the sun.
What's the bit about Brazil?

What's the bit about Brazil?
I read a story, can't remember where, a south American journo said that comentators in Brazil were saying their team should play " like city". Amazing. The reports that in the Maracana they were singing " ees jus like watching citee", may not be entirely true.

I read a story, can't remember where, a south American journo said that comentators in Brazil were saying their team should play " like city". Amazing. The reports that in the Maracana they were singing " ees jus like watching citee", may not be entirely true.
Oh my life, I'd love it to be true!

You're right, but I was trying to dampen a bit of the idea that we're suddenly a great deal better than Juve. We are playing absolutely sublime football at the moment, better than I've ever seen, but we ain't won a carrot yet under Pep and I shudder slightly when I see things like Karen saying they're fearing us. They've played over 250 games in European Cup. We've played 56. They're 8 times finalists. Twice winners. And there's a reason it's been a one-team league - Juve are a very, very good team. And, whilst I expect they'll take any game against us very seriously and would clearly see us as a threat, I believe their history proves they wouldn't fear us. Or anyone else for that matter. They're part of Europe's elite - IMHO.
Juve are an esteemed club, BUT I doubt any club in the competition goes into a match with ANY PL Club not fearing the worst could happen if they take any of us lightly.

We have 5 teams in this years' CL who are likely to go through to the knockout stages, I doubt there's one that Juve wouldn't fear could cause them damage, especially as 2 of them have won more CL titles than Juve have.

Last edited:
Juve are an esteemed club, BUT I doubt any club in the competition goes into a match with ANY PL Club not fearing the worst could happen if they take any of us lightly.

We have 5 teams in this years' CL who are likely to go through to the knockout stages, I doubt there's one that Juve wouldn't fear could cause them damage, especially as 2 of them have won more CL titles than Juve have.
Think you ve nailed it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.