Apathy about upcoming England games?

I'm already looking forward to listening to the commentary creaming themselves over every Rashford heavy touch and mishit. At least they can't crucify Sterling like they usually do, though saying that, I'm sure they will still give it a good go.
Nail on head

Honestly couldn't care less. I have always seen the England team as a "London thing" and this is made worse by them always playing at Wembley. It got worse during the "happy clappy" David Beckham is God period. My views have deepened in recent years when our players: Barry, Milner, and latterly Stones and Sterling have been made scapegoats by the national media and so-called England fans. This week's decision by the FA not to take action against Wenger confirms my position. I will watch the World Cup and enjoy seeing our players in Russia but I'm sorry I just can't get excited about the England team.
Bang on.

Unless I've missed it, I can't see a thread about England's games against two of the world's biggest names - Germany & Brazil.
Does this reflect an indifference to the national side compared with the fervour about our clubs? Is it because the endless stream of meaningless friendlies is just too much of a good thing? Is it because we worry about our players getting injured? Is it because the manager picks players I've never heard of? (granted, he has multiple withdrawals to contend with).
Or is it that the national side can replicate neither the skills nor the excitement on display in the PL?
I know these upcoming internationals are not totally meaningless in that national prestige is at stake, but is that what we are interested in these days?
When I were a lad...... internationals were the highlights of the season, along with the FA Cup Final.
If something were on the line - qualification for the world cup, for example, then these matches would be awesome.

With world cup qualification finished and nothing on the line, these matches are filler - maybe start with a full strength squad but don't risk anything and then bring on fringe players to see if they might improve the squad.

Since nothing is on the line - quality of play is automatically diminished. And once fringe players are brought on - yes they'll want to impress - quality will further erode.

Managers could care less who wins - and players too - it's mostly about testing fringe players with a bit of squad practice in the mix.
======
So yes, little interest - but I'd much rather watch England v. Brazil or Germany as opposed to some of the other fare on offer.
======
TL/DR - World Cup qualification finished for England. Unless you're a die hard England fan who wants to see fringe players.... these friendlies are bound not to be exciting.

Personally - I can't wait for the next P/L fixtures.

(I'm from the USA though and so may have a different perspective - nonetheless, I route for USA first in World Cups (of course), and then England.

Possible 11 tonight, we know Pickford starts and Dier is captain.

Pickford, Trippier, Stones, Jones, Maguire, Rose, Dier (C), Livermore, Loftus-Cheek, Vardy, Abraham

Moaners going to moan but giving it a thought these kids will want to earn a place in the squad for the world cup, good to see some fresh faces in there than the same old.

I'm already looking forward to listening to the commentary creaming themselves over every Rashford heavy touch and mishit. At least they can't crucify Sterling like they usually do, though saying that, I'm sure they will still give it a good go.

Rashford will get the ball past the fullback by leathering it up the field and then do him for pace and even though he isn't playing Sterling will be criticised for not doing the same thing enough when he plays, he'll also get a mention if someone dives. (not if it's Rashford though). Bookmark this because it'll happen tonight.

Possible 11 tonight, we know Pickford starts and Dier is captain.

Pickford, Trippier, Stones, Jones, Maguire, Rose, Dier (C), Livermore, Loftus-Cheek, Vardy, Abraham

Moaners going to moan but giving it a thought these kids will want to earn a place in the squad for the world cup, good to see some fresh faces in there than the same old.

5-0 to Germany if that's the line up, then the kids confidence will be shattered by the mauling they'll get in the press.

Fuck me Jake Livermore and Harry Macguire!!

For me the people in charge have fucked up time & time again
Woy, Southgate, Fat Sam..............really? Yes men and one trick ponies.
I bet Gary fucking Neville coulda had it too if he so wanted.

Imagine playing in Peps team then turning up for Southgate !

England have some decent players but as usual the swill at the top fuck it up.

Also they had the chance to build the national stadium in the Midlands, making it accessible to all..... but no, it had to be in London.

For me the people in charge have fucked up time & time again
Woy, Southgate, Fat Sam..............really? Yes men and one trick ponies.
I bet Gary fucking Neville coulda had it too if he so wanted.

Imagine playing in Peps team then turning up for Southgate !

England have some decent players but as usual the swill at the top fuck it up.

Also they had the chance to build the national stadium in the Midlands, making it accessible to all..... but no, it had to be in London.
In Fat Sam's case a no-trick donkey.

I'm not really keen on international football or the national team. I might watch it if Leroy & Stones are both playing though. These breaks are a pain in the arse, I'd rather be watching them both play for City.

They will compare his commitment to that of Rashford who would play through the pain barrier whilst Sterling goes shopping. Or something like that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.