Game of the season

Marvin

mancity.com have picked 3 games for their game of the season:

https://www.mancity.com/news/first-...ber/man-city-game-of-the-season-writers-panel

1) City 7 - 2 Stoke
2) Chelsea 0 - 1 Chelsea
3) Napoli 2 - 4 City

Which would you go for? Or any others.

I think mine was the Chelsea 0 - 1 City. Sustained performance for 90 mins against a very good team, and a real statement to the rest of the league.

It's good to be able to look back on the first 1/4 of the season and reflect on one of the best periods in the history of this club. I don't think any English football club has ever played football of this quality for a sustained spell, but we must take this on and make it count.

Stoke. For the first and only time during any match ive ever seen I actually thought that this is 'the best football I've ever seen in my life'. For me it doesn't get any better than that so yeah has to be the Stoke game for me.

Such a hard choice given the different aspects of each game: -

Chelsea - high profile game, title challenger and away from home. Totally bossed the game and a brilliant goal deserving of winning the match.

Stoke - At 2-2, I thought here we go again but then just clicked through the gears and blew them away with some fantastic football and goals.

Napoli - Away to one of the form teams in Europe in CL, 1-0 down. Reminded me of when we were at our best under Mancini - never really a panic moment if we went behind because you just knew we would turn it round.

For me, it has to be the Chelsea game due to the fact we completely dominated the game at the home of the reigning PL Champions but the other 2 come a close 2nd.

For beating Napoli on their own ground, a meeting of the 2 leaders of their leagues, end to end stuff and a real marker thrown down to the rest of Europe that we are the real deal, never give up, and will not waver in belief in playing football the beautiful way.

Napoli for me for the shear enjoyment of the football from both sides.

Yes Stoke for the goals and Chelsea for who they are but for shear enjoyment of watching football how it should be played then Napoli.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.