Peter Drury replaces Martin Tyler on Sky Sports

Tyler is awesome.

As a neutral of course he'll say good things about the opposition and about us as well - in proportion to how good we are against our opponents.

Love his commentary.

He may be biased, but I like listening to his commentary. Would like to know who is better than him ?

He may have been fit-for-purpose at one time but he's now a dinosaur in the John Motson mold. You can't knock him for not retiring yet though;- VIP seat at every ground anywhere in the world, all expenses paid.

Listen to any pre tyler commentator ,or read any football report from the mainstream press back in the 60 70s and even 80s,the quality and balanced opinion is on a different planet to the modern era.Reading the press as i was growing up actually made me want to be a journalist
Reading much of it now makes me want to vomit.
I always thought Barry Davies was great; he'd approach each game purely as a neutral and commentate on what was happening on the pitch, with fair appraisals and critique and a decent knowledge of the game. His quality stood out even more against John Motson, who I always thought was utterly terrible ("The last time these played each other in the rain, there was an own goal. Will there be an own goal again today" type irrelevant bollocks)

I always thought Barry Davies was great; he'd approach each game purely as a neutral and commentate on what was happening on the pitch, with fair appraisals and critique and a decent knowledge of the game. His quality stood out even more against John Motson, who I always thought was utterly terrible ("The last time these played each other in the rain, there was an own goal. Will there be an own goal again today" type irrelevant bollocks)
Yeah,def a nod to Barry Davies,you are spot on.A professional, knowledgeable,articulate,balanced nueutral and clearly spoken.

Barry Davies was a believer in saying nothing if there is nothing of value to say. A skill that appears to have vanished.

Motson I'll always remember for his peak Motty comment during the 1-5 Germany game that "this is England's best result against Germany since the war".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.