Game of the season

Not sure how Stoke got a nomination over the dippers game. Yes, we played some breathtaking stuff against the banjo players, but come on; it was Stoke. The five we put past Liverpool was, to me anyway, a far more impressive performance. Against a, at the time, possible title rival (don't laugh). That being said, I find it hard to decide between the Chelsea and Napoli game. Two hugely ("massively", even!) performances at the homes of the reigning PL champions and the impressive leaders of Serie A.

After the Chelsea match I just said WOW, it doesn’t get any better than that, then as far as I am concerned in Naples it did, a totally different scene than I had seen before , maybe Barca last year, but to come back from a 20 minute pummelling and a goal down to totally control a game against top European opponents, away from home. Mickys at home, Burnley at home, we learnt a lot , Stokies were dispatched because they were shit. Yes for me it was that night in Italy that we came of age.

Napoli away game for me, city going behind, then drawing then winning, but both teams went for it, both played attacking football, could of been any score, no parking the bus for us

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.