Guardiola now accused of ruining Italian football!

I don't see it as anything other than a compliment. Chielini is basically saying the likes of Guardiola and Sarri are rewriting the tactical rule book which has served Italian clubs so well in the past and that it's a breath of fresh air.

However he's also saying that defenders are now caught between defending man to man or zonally and the way the Italian defenders were coached in the past and present, needs to be rewritten for current and future generations thanks to Guardiola & Sarri's successes and influences.

Essentially, Chielini is saying Pep has found a way to better way to play football than the Italian's & I don't think pep could have got a better compliment imo.

I've quoted him on here quite clearly saying it's a bad thing.

There is no room for interpretation, he just says it's harming them & that Italy can't play that way.

Perhaps there is one site which presents it in a more flattering way, but he is not saying this as a compliment. He clearly means it is bad for their football & the development of their young defenders.

There is no room for interpretation, he just says it's harming them & that Italy can't play that way.

Perhaps there is one site which presents it in a more flattering way, but he is not saying this as a compliment. He clearly means it is bad for their football & the development of their young defenders.

Fuck em if they think their style has a god given right to have it's integrity kept intact based on an inability or unwillingness to adapt. I can't really stand Italian footy, it's just shit to me. It was shit on C4 in the 90's and it is shit now, except Napoli, still shit fans they have. The casual attitude to corruption, the racism and lack of stamping it out and the defend first nature bores the shit out of me.

I am glad Pep has changed footy so much he has turned Italian footy into antiquated shite. I am happy a lot more he is our manager though :-)

If that's the case, sseing as Juve are behind Napoli for now, Chielini & Co better understand that nothing remains the same forever and that an antidote will always be found to combat one system or another...

I take those comments as a backhanded compliment

thats-good.gif

I speak to a lot of lads from Brazil who support all sorts of clubs. They mainly follow Barca for their european teams but a lot like us now and regularly nick alert me and say how good we are to watch. They never really did that before. They go out of their way to watch us play and their sports chans follow us a lot now Jesus is here, ESPN.br does a lot now, i know that myself.
Good to hear.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.