Blackpool FC & the Oystons - £31m repayment ordered

Joey Barton suing them for the money he had to pay when they sued him for saying just what the courts decided.

anyone with more legal nous than me explain the implications? have a soft spot for blackpool.
Directors have a legal fiduciary duty to act in the interest of shareholders. Taking money out to prop up your other enterprises breaks that duty and shareholders can Sue for the breach. Oyston entered it in the books as salary, but the judge dismissed that as fake.
Not the same as the scum, the whole family are directors and unlikely to sue each other. Besides, Glazers will have been careful to justify dividends and salaries. On the other hand, it might just raise eyebrows on the N Y S E, where they have been selling shares.

Can and will they actually pay?
th

Blackpool have released a statement confirming the club is up for sale.

Obviously a buyer will have to be found, but this is a victory for the supporters (who might actually return now)

Blackpool have released a statement confirming the club is up for sale.

Obviously a buyer will have to be found, but this is a victory for the supporters (who might actually return now)

so the debt will be sold with the club sounds about right

blackpool are going to be in a right mess and even they find new owners the club have no chance the damage as been done and i feel its going to end only one way the fans have been messed about and even took to court it makes the peter swales and man city board at the time saints

I better not write out what I want too incase they come after me but this is great news. I wonder if Belokon will perhaps look at stepping back in, putting the money up against the club and the sum being paid off as Blackpool sort themselves out and maybe even get back up the leagues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.