Liverpool thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cheered as loudly for that 3rd Palace goal as I did for the Aguerooooo. When that goal went in we knew, they knew, the whole world knew they'd bottled it and let us in.

I watched that on the ship with four Liverpool fan's, three plastic and one genuine one who had a season ticket there. As they were running riot early doors they were full of it, going to beat our goal difference etcetera. When it went to 3-2 they were suicidal, they knew, as I did Palace would score again. Fantastic scenes when they did, tables and chairs were kicked over as they stormed out as i was leaping around in glee lol!

I watched that on the ship with four Liverpool fan's, three plastic and one genuine one who had a season ticket there. As they were running riot early doors they were full of it, going to beat our goal difference etcetera. When it went to 3-2 they were suicidal, they knew, as I did Palace would score again. Fantastic scenes when they did, tables and chairs were kicked over as they stormed out as i was leaping around in glee lol!
That Monday was a bank holiday, here, in Ireland. I went down the road for a few pints in the afternoon, came back home to settle in for the evening, watching Palace v Liverpool.
Liverpool went one up, then two then...
a power failure!
Half of the city went down due to some glitch somewhere... Ah, well, I thought, game's a done deal anyway. Got chatting with the wife... got intimate with the wife... had a snooze... the lights came back on... we checked the final score..!
Still had to go back to work the next day, mind but, even so, as days go, that was a good 'un.

What was great about that Palace game was that (apart from being able to laugh at Liverpool) it meant we didn't need to win our next match which was midweek against Villa I think. We didn't score till well into the second half, I was there and it didn't feel nervy because a draw was OK, and a win in the final match would win the league. There wasn't as much pressure. Wasn't that the game Yaya scored that barnstorming goal towards the end?

What was great about that Palace game was that (apart from being able to laugh at Liverpool) it meant we didn't need to win our next match which was midweek against Villa I think. We didn't score till well into the second half, I was there and it didn't feel nervy because a draw was OK, and a win in the final match would win the league. There wasn't as much pressure. Wasn't that the game Yaya scored that barnstorming goal towards the end?
Yep.

Ha ha for that Palace game I was at a meeting, came out to the car at 0-3, figured that was that (we still had the whip hand even if they'd won.) Checked an app as I started home and it was 1-3. So I kept refreshing it the whole way home! How I did not kill myself or multiple others I will never know! After 3-3 I was looking at the damn phone 98% and the road 2% I think!

Yeah it was, however I thought the atmosphere was tense until we broke the deadlock. You could feel a sense of 'typical City' looming over the whole scenario. When Dzeko scored you could feel the relief and the party began.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.