Mersey Gateway Bridge

Went over it today to Liverpool Airport. Tried to pay 4 times online and it wouldn't complete. Had to phone to sort as was flying out tonight - not ideal!! Road is good though.

well guess what....i got a fine for not paying.
we went over going to marton mere for my lads birthday and after getting lost trying to find the old bridge crossing the roads took us over the new bridge with the sat nav going mental and the wife in full on panic mode.
eventually we got across and totally forgot about it....didnt notice any signs...reminders or anything (possibly due to the arguement in the car about getting lost.
Any way we ended up staying longer than we though at marton mere as it was a nice day and on the way back a friend phoned and said why dont we nip round as we hadnt seen each other for ages ...so went round and ended up staying.
we drove back to manchester next morning and totally forgot about the whole thing.
last week the fine came through and i appealed with my boring story but they replied and basically called me a lier as they said "merseyflow ahs been well publicised in the media and by halton borough council"
so be warned and find a different way to go or make sure you pay it asap.
i certainly wont be travelling that way ever again and will go out of my way to avoid it in future. wankers.
A mate of mine who's lived in London for years came up and went to see an old mate in Liverpool, got back to London
with a fine through his letterbox. He had no idea where he was going route wise, he merely followed the signs and went over
the bridge, he hadn't got a clue about bridges, tolls etc; I've also tried to pay on line and not succeeded, phoning up seems the only
way. It's a fucking ridiculous system that will ensnare hundreds, if not thousands of drivers, plus I wouldn't be surprised
if they've done it like this deliberately.
Like you, I won't now use Liverpool airport, I'll travel via Warrington, to get over the water, they can get to fuck.

Sorry to hear that Blue. I doubt you will be able to get out of paying the fine. I find the whole concept of it unfair. It's assuming everyone has internet access and are able to go online before 11.59pm that day to pay the toll. I'm sure there will be loads of people who use the bridge daily and end up panicking as to how they can pay for the pleasure if no internet. They should have at least a couple of manned booths so people can pay that way. Out of curiousity,if you was going to Marton Mere near Blackpool from Manchester,how come you went over the gateway bridge? Your sat nav seems to have been well playing up!;-)
sorry...manley mere....due to my absolute outrage it has sent my brain wonky lol
anyway my wife paid it but the latest letter i got said i could appeal again but gives reasons why you can appeal again...and my reason of them giving out shit signage and me being lost doesnt count. wanker cunts.

thanks to this thread i've just remembered to pay mine. went over yesterday thinking i will pay it, forgot, though its easy to forget. what a stupid system.
i was expecting to see toll booths like in the mersey tunnel. theres just a sign saying pay before midnight next day.
they should have lay-bys where you can pull into, to pay with your phone straight away.
like someone else posted, im going to avoid this bridge in the future, go the long way round even with the time and fuel costs. not worth getting a £40 fine for crossing a bridge. with a toll booth you cannot forget.
glad it helped someone.....just avoid in future. i certainly am.

Went over this bridge yesterday to drop my daughter off at liverpool airport, fantastic bridge but nowhere did I see signs saying pay online before 11.59 or penalty , what a disgusting way to rip people off !!! Its only by chance i read this post otherwise i,d be recieving a fine too , also had to pay £3 at the airport just to drop off which took seconds !!! RINSED !!!

Went over this bridge yesterday to drop my daughter off at liverpool airport, fantastic bridge but nowhere did I see signs saying pay online before 11.59 or penalty , what a disgusting way to rip people off !!! Its only by chance i read this post otherwise i,d be recieving a fine too , also had to pay £3 at the airport just to drop off which took seconds !!! RINSED !!!
That paying to drop someone off is fucking disgraceful. We really are fucking shite as a nation, we just take it. Utter fucking thieving cunts.

That paying to drop someone off is fucking disgraceful. We really are fucking shite as a nation, we just take it. Utter fucking thieving cunts.

You're right. It's a £100 fine just for stopping your car on any of Liverpool airport's land!
As regards the bridge, this is the first time that the British public will be subjected to a toll on a previously built, untolled route. I have signed an online petition that now has to be heard, and I have written to my MP. It needs everyone to stop this or it could be applied to any route. We already pay for huge fuel duty and road fund license!

And 28 non tolled crossings over the Thames. Four crossings over the Mersey, all tolled.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.