Ditching Sky

You can use Chromecast with sky?

No, Sky own NOW TV- you can buy day/week/month passes for Sports Movie or Entertainment, no contract and watch through your computer, Android TV or Chromecast into a TV.

So Sky Cinema is about £10 a month with NOW TV. This offer gets you £2.50 a month over Nov and Dec.

If anyone has an old Chromecast they've not used in a while, I plugged mine in and got Sky Cinema for 2 months for £5.00. Great for family over Christmas.
Also if anyone has topcashback, you can order a skysports pass and get cashback on it.

This does work. With your Chromecast on/connected, go into the "Home" app on your phone tablet (the app you use to connect your Chromecast). Then on the menu on the left hand side, select "Offers". You can get Sky Cinema via a NowTV pass for two months, for £5. Auto renews after that at full price so make sure you cancel if you do it.

Stupidly did no research into Virgin before signing up and I am now reading about the SuperHub 3/Intel PUMA 6 problems. Definitely thinking about my options again. I only signed the contract for virgin on tuesday so I have a few more days before I need to cancel.

For those that dont know, there is a major issue with using the SuperHub3, causes huge lag in online games. I am not a major gamer but I wont be happy with shelling out for Virgin if I can't even have a game of fifa or COD online on the Xbox without it lagging everywhere.

I wonder if I can get that Sky deal back hah

No, Sky own NOW TV- you can buy day/week/month passes for Sports Movie or Entertainment, no contract and watch through your computer, Android TV or Chromecast into a TV.

So Sky Cinema is about £10 a month with NOW TV. This offer gets you £2.50 a month over Nov and Dec.

I had a full package for £30 month for a year on Sky Q. It's ended now so I told them I'm not paying £80. They could only get it to £60 so I said I'll just take the HD and box sets at £22.80 which still gets me access to record stuff as the Sky Q is brilliant. I'll get NOW TV for movies , £50 for 6 months and I can watch that on my LG TV apps on all TV's rather than just the one connected to Sky. I never watch Sport on Sky (hope they never get cycling or basketball) so any City game I don't go to I'll buy a pass for £6.99.

They might come back with better offers which I'll consider.

Stupidly did no research into Virgin before signing up and I am now reading about the SuperHub 3/Intel PUMA 6 problems. Definitely thinking about my options again. I only signed the contract for virgin on tuesday so I have a few more days before I need to cancel.

For those that dont know, there is a major issue with using the SuperHub3, causes huge lag in online games. I am not a major gamer but I wont be happy with shelling out for Virgin if I can't even have a game of fifa or COD online on the Xbox without it lagging everywhere.

Call then and say either send me a usable router or cancel it right now explaining that it is beyond unacceptable as it really is very bad. They do have superhub 2's in stock it is just if you can get one of them.

@TCIB

Yeah i have been reading that, I think I will give them a call and ask for the SH2AC, this will mean dropping to a lower 200mb package. Alternatively, I keep this package and enjoy the download speed and get an ADSL line for gaming.

@TCIB

Yeah i have been reading that, I think I will give them a call and ask for the SH2AC, this will mean dropping to a lower 200mb package. Alternatively, I keep this package and enjoy the download speed and get an ADSL line for gaming.

Yeah that is an option, damn shame they use propitiatory connections forcing the superhub to be in your physical network stack. You would be well within your rights to have a good rant but that is unlikely to get you your superhub 2. If your pissed off i suggest having a brew before calling them and imagining it is your gran on the other side of the line haha. Fingers crossed they see sense and sort you out.

Yeah that is an option, damn shame they use propitiatory connections forcing the superhub to be in your physical network stack. You would be well within your rights to have a good rant but that is unlikely to get you your superhub 2. If your pissed off i suggest having a brew before calling them and imagining it is your gran on the other side of the line haha. Fingers crossed they see sense and sort you out.
I think I will go ahead with the install, test it out for a few days and if it’s no good I complain and ask for a SH2 or just cancel (I believe there is a 14 day cooling off period?) or if the download speed is that good and otherwise happy I will just get a new ADSL line. Plenty of cheap ones out there, and I will only need it for the Xbox.

I’m not technically minded like you’s boys,but I have that super hub and have had no problems with it had for close to a year now my son has an Xbox and plays FIFA,call of duty and so on and has never mentioned any problems when playing online,I also had a zgemma box running off it with no real problems either..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.