The 2011/12 Season

My abiding memory of that season was Mancini putting Ferguson in his place on the touch line at the Etihad when we beat them 1-0.
Ferguson had ruled the roost for 20 years with no one daring to even remotely stand up to him. Bobby went toe to toe with him and from
that moment on we knew something had changed. Bobby had ripped down the banner the previous season and then this. It was the begining
of the end for Ferguson and I will never forget the look on his face when Bobby told him how it was! He shuffled off looking shocked & confused
like a heavy weight boxer who had eventually taken to many punches. We owe Mancini a great debt for what he did and in the timescale he did it in.
He wasn't everyone's cup of tea at the end but he is true & genuine MCFC legend and always will be.

Hear hear

My abiding memory of that season was Mancini putting Ferguson in his place on the touch line at the Etihad when we beat them 1-0.
Ferguson had ruled the roost for 20 years with no one daring to even remotely stand up to him. Bobby went toe to toe with him and from
that moment on we knew something had changed. Bobby had ripped down the banner the previous season and then this. It was the begining
of the end for Ferguson and I will never forget the look on his face when Bobby told him how it was! He shuffled off looking shocked & confused
like a heavy weight boxer who had eventually taken to many punches. We owe Mancini a great debt for what he did and in the timescale he did it in.
He wasn't everyone's cup of tea at the end but he is true & genuine MCFC legend and always will be.

You only have to see over the last 3 years how difficult it is to win the league and how easily you can fail yet Bobby Manc put a team together in the space of 18 months. Fantastic achievement and 5 years on those signings and players like Silva/Aguero are still key players now.

I was just very satisfied that Sir Alex Ferguson was still around to experience the season up close and personal...

You only have to see over the last 3 years how difficult it is to win the league and how easily you can fail yet Bobby Manc put a team together in the space of 18 months. Fantastic achievement and 5 years on those signings and players like Silva/Aguero are still key players now.
Yep. Truly phenomenal what he did. Fourth favs we were that year.

Sunderland fans doing the Poznan. :)

What a great moment. I think most football fans in the country enjoyed it.
Yep. As a club they are truly fuckin despised. The big cheesy grins on the Sunderland fans faces when they were aware we'd won. Priceless.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.