General Videogame Thread

I've slagged Nintendo off with good reason though, the switch is a plug in tablet essentially. There will be a few big titled games I won't get as I have a PS4/PC that can run the games better or with much better detail!

DOOM has just been released on the switch and looking at the gameplay a lot of detail has been removed from PS4/Xbox/PC which is expected as the file sizes are surprisingly low (DOOM is something like 14GB).

The games I'll solely be playing on it is indie games, stuff like Shovel Knight and Stardew Valley.... even though I own these games on other platforms, the option to play via handheld is what intrigues me.

But as I said previously, Nintendo have been far behind in the console department since mid 90s, they Peaked with the SNES but never dominated after that. I think the switch will see them aiming more towards handheld, as mobile phones have tries to jump on that department but haven't really been innovative.
In your opinion.

I hope they do because I feel the market is crying for a good handheld device! Too many are trying to win the "console war" that handheld devices are dying out! I hope this switch emulates the Gamboy days of it actually being fun to play handheld devices.

I’m still deliberating about the Xbox One X. I’m just wary of A) Xbox releasing another new console soon and B) my console not being worth it considering I don’t have a 4K tv.

I’m still deliberating about the Xbox One X. I’m just wary of A) Xbox releasing another new console soon and B) my console not being worth it considering I don’t have a 4K tv.

4K Tv's are dropping price.... I've seen a 2017 Samsung QLED 55" for £1500, by April next year when the 2018 models come out that TV could be down to £1100.

Next year I'm buying into a 4K TV but I'm going to wait for the next gen consoles to upgrade my PS4. I think consoles will run 4k games alot better by then. Even running a GTX 1080i on a PC struggles to perform brilliant at 4k, a lot of games at 4k on PC have known to drop frames really bad, to run 4k smooth 60fps constant you'd have to run 1080i SLI.
So I imagine console 4k could drop from 30fps to 20-25.... it'll look nice but I imagine there will be moments in games where it'll get jittery. For what the investment is worth I'd wait and hold out for the next gen.

Would they release a new console so soon. Sony aswell? Honest question as i havent been into gaming for ages, but there has been big sales on the one s latelty where i live, (console plus 2 games for $300) where as the x is 650, thinking of biting the bullet but would be shitty if it becomes redundant in say 1 or 2 years

Just jumped into a PUGB game with a Mancunian. Asked if he supported a club and he said United. I asked what he thought of Jose Mourinho and he asked who is that? LOL

EA have really dropped a bollock with Battlefront 2. They've agreed to change the purchase system for the heroes, but there's a huge amount of people who wont buy the game now. The game costs £55, but the majority of characters are locked behind a paywall that can be unlocked by either 40 hours of gameplay, or through microtransactions.

It's now been changed to roughly 5 hours of gameplay to unlock a hero, but this is the final straw. The EACommunity team did a post on reddit defending the microtransactions and the grind to get there but it's become the most downvoted comment in reddit history.

EA are everything thats wrong with gaming. They suck the life out of potentially great games and continually ask players to cough up more money or be left behind.

Really hope this is a forward shift into actually making games about the players and not about lining their pockets with even more money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.