Yaya to NYCFC?

I'm far from an expert on anything MLS but from what I've watched I really struggle to see why NYCFC would want Yaya at this point in his career. The league emphasizes physicality and athleticism far more than it does technical skill, and while it would've been a perfect fit for Yaya years ago, at this point I don't think his deep lying, pick the lock sort of game would translate at all.

I'm far from an expert on anything MLS but from what I've watched I really struggle to see why NYCFC would want Yaya at this point in his career. The league emphasizes physicality and athleticism far more than it does technical skill, and while it would've been a perfect fit for Yaya years ago, at this point I don't think his deep lying, pick the lock sort of game would translate at all.

agreed. Lampard and Pirlo are far from impressive with NYCFC.

he should have been let go after last season already. Should not have extended his contract. but I guess Guardiola wanted Sanchez more than new DM, so thats where the money was going along with fullbacks + GK.

I can't believe some of the NYC FC fans on that twitter feed, they said the same thing before they signed Lampard, too old, too past it... It's Yaya Toure! They ended up gutted Lampard was retiring as he had a great season when he came back from injury. I can see the pace of the MLS is actually quite fast and they could get on Yaya's back quickly with his body language but if he is surrounded by runners it's less of an issue and his qualities work well in a setup surrounded by them.

His passing is still top notch, he doesn't get injured much and he could also score hat fulls there but this could potentially be a bad move for him(if they do get on his back about his running/work rate early on before they see what he offers) as he gets unhappy quite easily and doesn't perform when he is unhappy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.