Yaya to NYCFC?

I think this should happen in January rather than July. When he has come on as a sub, the play has slowed to absolute crawl and he has consistently been under hitting passes even if the person is 10 yards away or less. He was a little better when he started the cup game recently, but he won't be starting with any consistency and I think we'll see something close to his sub appearances in most games. Give him a very nice send off some time later in January and then let him leave early on a free.

If he goes in January he'll be sitting around for a couple of months waiting for the season to start.
To be fair he will need to move his family to New York and everything that comes with that and also will likely need to improve his fitness.

A good number of NYCFC fans are dead set against this, btw.

He could receive some serious backlash if they sign him for all of the reasons some of our fans hated him, particularly during the last two seasons of Pellegrini's tenure, where they post videos of him jogging around, and think he is the classic case of a player who will just come for the paycheque.

I don't think that's as likely as they contend, but NYCFC fans' relationship with CFG is fragile, at best, from what I tend to read on their forums, and the speculation is re-kindling that fire again.

It's seems slightly similar to how some of our fans responded to Jonny Evans possibly joining us, and I'm actually not kidding about this.

A good number of NYCFC fans are dead set against this, btw.

He could receive some serious backlash if they sign him for all of the reasons some of our fans hated him, particularly during the last two seasons of Pellegrini's tenure, where they post videos of him jogging around, and think he is the classic case of a player who will just come for the paycheque.

I don't think that's as likely as they contend, but NYCFC fans' relationship with CFG is fragile, at best, from what I tend to read on their forums, and the speculation is re-kindling that fire again.

It's seems slightly similar to how some of our fans responded to Jonny Evans possibly joining us, and I'm actually not kidding about this.
The only reason their relationship is fragile is because half of them are Rags and Dippers.

The only reason their relationship is fragile is because half of them are Rags and Dippers.

I have wondered this about some as well, actually. One poster on the primary NYCFC Forum against it has a picture of Klopp as his avatar, and of course those two clubs have a larger following in the U.S....for now.

I suspect it is also a NYC and American sport fan thing as well with regards to the impact of MLS being inferior (which it obviously is) when us Yanks are so used to having so-called "top" players in our most popular sport leagues. The idea of being "2nd fiddle" doesn't go over well with certain types, and is partially why some fans want younger players, or players who are supposedly "more hungry" to play in MLS to prove themselves, at least, to use with the "DP" (Designated Player) contract (a limited number of highly paid players, given "salary cap" restrictions on others). One problem is one player many want, from Atlanta (Almiron) could very well go to Europe in the next transfer window.

The issue with MCFC not loaning many talent to this point, other than Angelino (whose poor performance/experience I suspect led us to be more careful about loans to NYCFC since then), has not been utilised much, and adds to this feeling.

I'm an NYCFC supporter, although more casually, but naturally as I am of course an MCFC fan from and live in NYC. I am 100% in support of Yaya coming to NYCFC and think he would do very well as they are in need of a play maker, more attacking nous, and I think his ability to keep the ball in tight spaces will be effective even if he is under heavy pressure, which we know Yaya can thrive under. Under Vieira I think he will keep up his effort levels as he will respect him as manager (assuming he is there next season, which I expect), also being Francophones of African descent, and I suspect like to see Vieira succeed given Yaya's outspoken nature about racial justice issues, and that we have yet to see a black manager reach top levels of the game, which Vieira is certainly considered one of the best candidates. To me, Yaya dropped his last two seasons under Pellegrini, particularly the last being a lame duck manager with a soft touch that helped following Mancini's abrasiveness, but I don't think he was alone (see Kolarov vs. Southampton).

I have wondered this about some as well, actually. One poster on the primary NYCFC Forum against it has a picture of Klopp as his avatar, and of course those two clubs have a larger following in the U.S....for now.

I suspect it is also a NYC and American sport fan thing as well with regards to the impact of MLS being inferior (which it obviously is) when us Yanks are so used to having so-called "top" players in our most popular sport leagues. The idea of being "2nd fiddle" doesn't go over well with certain types, and is partially why some fans want younger players, or players who are supposedly "more hungry" to play in MLS to prove themselves, at least, to use with the "DP" (Designated Player) contract (a limited number of highly paid players, given "salary cap" restrictions on others). One problem is one player many want, from Atlanta (Almiron) could very well go to Europe in the next transfer window.

The issue with MCFC not loaning many talent to this point, other than Angelino (whose poor performance/experience I suspect led us to be more careful about loans to NYCFC since then), has not been utilised much, and adds to this feeling.

I'm an NYCFC supporter, although more casually, but naturally as I am of course an MCFC fan from and live in NYC. I am 100% in support of Yaya coming to NYCFC and think he would do very well as they are in need of a play maker, more attacking nous, and I think his ability to keep the ball in tight spaces will be effective even if he is under heavy pressure, which we know Yaya can thrive under. Under Vieira I think he will keep up his effort levels as he will respect him as manager (assuming he is there next season, which I expect), also being Francophones of African descent, and I suspect like to see Vieira succeed given Yaya's outspoken nature about racial justice issues, and that we have yet to see a black manager reach top levels of the game, which Vieira is certainly considered one of the best candidates. To me, Yaya dropped his last two seasons under Pellegrini, particularly the last being a lame duck manager with a soft touch that helped following Mancini's abrasiveness, but I don't think he was alone (see Kolarov vs. Southampton).
I've watched the situation closely in New York and was on their forum for around a year in 2013/14-ish. I actually got to know a lad my age from it, who happened to support the Dippers - So I guess that's where my previous comment came from.

In all fairness, using a DP slot on young talent in the first few years of the franchise would have been ludicrous. New York City FC had to prioritise growing the brand, in an area with a franchise that already garnered sizeable support. Granted, it worked somewhat well for Atlanta this season, but players like Martinez were hardly no-marks; having played in Europe with Torino and I believe Lausanne. Almiron had played in South America I believe?

I personally don't think we should send that many players on loan. The two leagues are polar opposites and I think it would be safe to say Angelino's loan was poor for both parties and the remainder of players sent over to the States have hardly kicked on since.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.