The Smiths & Morrissey thread

Oh and the other reason is read the first line...... he has an album out...... great publicity eh!

Thing is his being contrary to publisize a new album is wearing thin, especially when his new album is average.

It also takes away from any valid point he might have tried to make

Don't have an issue (or big one) with what he said. He isn't defending Spacy or the other one, the director, but questioning what the 'victims' were doing in the first place in their respective bedrooms. He asks what a 14 year old was doing in Spacy's bedroom and where were the parents. He is criticising the trend in ''Me too'' allegations, saying people didn't speak up at the time because it might spoil their lovely career.... and only speak up when they didn't get what they wanted. he goes on to say he hates rape and sexual harassment etc....

He is defending them, though. Man is a ****.

Where? Which line is he saying it was OK in what they did / alleged to have done?

Dress it up however you want, he's defending their actions by questioning the actions of their victims. He makes childish, sweeping statements when talking about men and women who've been sexually assaulted. He's a desperately sad, bitter man.

Oh, and he does say "It seems to me Spacey has been unnecessarily attacked", when dozens and dozens of men/women have come forward to complain about his behaviour and accuse him of sexual assault. So yeah, I'd call that defending them.

As you will see from the date in my username, dates are not my specialty! The King George's Hall was one of my favourite gigs of any band. I first saw Morrissey in a sports hall in Chester in 97 (I think) very odd venue!
I was at the Chester gig - bizarre. They had to draw blinds over the squash courts so the players couldn’t see Moz (cue inevitable jokes). Blackburn was one of my favourite all time gigs, but surpassed maybe by Edinburgh fringe gig, “hello, welcome to the fringe on the fringe”, absolutely rammed, very small venue and he was spellbinding. Stoke - was there too, Victoria Hall wasn’t it? Or Trentham Gardens? Bradford was alo a great night the many times he played there, as was any of the Blackburn gigs. The soulless, huge, cavernous arenas are shite in comparison. Think he’s massively overestimated how many will be there next year - the last MEN gig was very sparsely attended. Anyway, he’s still the bollocks.

I was at the Chester gig - bizarre. They had to draw blinds over the squash courts so the players couldn’t see Moz (cue inevitable jokes). Blackburn was one of my favourite all time gigs, but surpassed maybe by Edinburgh fringe gig, “hello, welcome to the fringe on the fringe”, absolutely rammed, very small venue and he was spellbinding. Stoke - was there too, Victoria Hall wasn’t it? Or Trentham Gardens? Bradford was alo a great night the many times he played there, as was any of the Blackburn gigs. The soulless, huge, cavernous arenas are shite in comparison. Think he’s massively overestimated how many will be there next year - the last MEN gig was very sparsely attended. Anyway, he’s still the bollocks.

I think he goes for numbers now regardless of whether it sells out or not. The London gigs have sold out though and the Albert Hall one was v pricey! Leeds standing has sold out and last time there I would say there were about 8000 there.

I agree though the smaller venues much better. It was Victoria Hall at Stoke.

I went to Grimsby once to see him. That was a bit like a sports hall too!

Liverpool Royal Court was decent in 99. Echo arena not so much when he walked off halfway through song number 2! Couple next to me had flown in from Berlin too. I don't like that side of him. I remember a more recent Blackburn gig where a heckler pissed him off and he went through the motions after that despite it being one person out of 1500.

I think he goes for numbers now regardless of whether it sells out or not. The London gigs have sold out though and the Albert Hall one was v pricey! Leeds standing has sold out and last time there I would say there were about 8000 there.

I agree though the smaller venues much better. It was Victoria Hall at Stoke.

I went to Grimsby once to see him. That was a bit like a sports hall too!

Liverpool Royal Court was decent in 99. Echo arena not so much when he walked off halfway through song number 2! Couple next to me had flown in from Berlin too. I don't like that side of him. I remember a more recent Blackburn gig where a heckler pissed him off and he went through the motions after that despite it being one person out of 1500.
Grimsby auditorium..... was like a sweat box. Even the Great man asked ''is this Grimsby or Havana?''

ykaRpgL.gif

IdioticVengefulCondor-size_restricted.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.