Ditching Sky

I've held out a month now and they not budge from 40% off, after all the moaning from the wife and the 3 sprogs about recording and catch up I've resubscribed for another 12 months, but had to bin the sports off to get the price down to £46 p/m that's the box sets, and cinema HD and 1 extra multiroom box. I have a 14 day cooling off period so if there is a valck Friday deal that's better then I will call sky up again. I have streamed every football game that I have wanted to watch in HD anyway, so the sports channels won't be missed by myself.

Have you tried NowTV? It’s worth thinking how many games you actually watch and if it would be cheaper. I know it’s still Sky but there are deals to be done and I’ve saved hundreds already.

Just cancelled sports and movies as it went to £80. Will pay for City games, I don't go to, on Now TV. Bonus is my son can log in and watch at uni too. 12 months is £199 on Now for Black Friday for all Sports but I don't watch enough really.

I've just signed up,for movies, 12 months £55 on Black Friday. Still available.

Just cancelled sports and movies as it went to £80. Will pay for City games, I don't go to, on Now TV. Bonus is my son can log in and watch at uni too. 12 months is £199 on Now for Black Friday for all Sports but I don't watch enough really.

I've just signed up,for movies, 12 months £55 on Black Friday. Still available.
Yeah worth paying for what u want rather than a whole yr.

I've held out a month now and they not budge from 40% off, after all the moaning from the wife and the 3 sprogs about recording and catch up I've resubscribed for another 12 months, but had to bin the sports off to get the price down to £46 p/m that's the box sets, and cinema HD and 1 extra multiroom box. I have a 14 day cooling off period so if there is a valck Friday deal that's better then I will call sky up again. I have streamed every football game that I have wanted to watch in HD anyway, so the sports channels won't be missed by myself.

Our service has stopped today.
We get to keep the base equipment for 3 months so ordinary tv remains fine and dandy.
We also have our Amazon films and box sets.
Therefore the chances of them starving us out before February is nil by mouth because we have enough stimuli to see out the harshest of winters.
If Sky want to play a seige mentality card then so be it.We are dug in for the duration !

2v7tcug.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
BT Black Friday deal with sports and the top BB and one multi room is £50 a month with £150 set up. Is BT any good for the normal channels? Also get a £100 pre paid MasterCard as well thrown in

BT Black Friday deal with sports and the top BB and one multi room is £50 a month with £150 set up. Is BT any good for the normal channels? Also get a £100 pre paid MasterCard as well thrown in
Was going to switch to bt sports a while back but chose not to because they didn’t offer HD sky sports at the time, no idea if that’s changed.

Sky are about to announce some new prices... heard from an insider but not the exact detail. I imagine they must be feeling the pain because people are tightening their belts and leaving..

I made a switch to BT Broadband (BB) this week as they offered a £10 discount per month on what I was paying for Sky BB plus gave me a minimum 50Mb speed (up~30Mb based on peak speeds) and gave me BT Sport for 18 months gratis

I also told sky I was ditching the TV and they offered us without any push-back a new deal for 18 months where I keep my Sky "Q" 2Tb box with all channels including sport and movies for £39 a month (on an 18 month contract)

I got off the phone thinking I should have said no but it's around £30 saving per month on what we paid in total, the BT BB is faster (guaranteed) and we get the BT Sport

Happy Days ( I think) I have a 31 day cooling off period anyway so if the new bundles that Sky announce make mine a bad deal i'll cancel..

I nearly switched to bt in April with multibox and sky sports until they told me I couldn' get the sports on more than one box because sky don' allow it...

Committed to BT after ditching Sky. Their Black Friday couldn`t be beaten. Free BT Sports, £100 MasterCard thrown in, with £95 from Quidco, @£20 saving by paying 12 months line rental upfront. Bye bye Sky cya later.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.