Pogba or De Bruyne? (Historical)

Perhaps you are right, depends of the perspective. But we need something to make a difference between very good players and the rest. For ex Martial vs Sane: Martial is very good while Sane is WC material. Can we use WC tag on Sane? Perhaps not yet but I like to use it. World class for me is if you are in the top ten, in your position, in the world. We can put Ederson, Walker, Kompany, Otamendi, even Stones now, Fernandinho, Silva, de Bruyne, Sterling, Sane, Aguero. Would I be wrong? Are they very good players waiting for a PL/CL double to become WC? It depends of individual opinion. I rate them as WC or soon to be WC, so I call them all WC.

You got my gist and it is only my opinion.

All part of the forum really , and interesting to read other's thoughts.

I still wished we had gotten both. I think they'd become the 2 best players in the league. Different styles but both effective.

Kev has turned the clock with consistency, I have no doubt Pogba will join him very soon. Still wish we got both. Happy we got Kev though :)

I know this thread looks a little silly now but don't dismiss Pogba, he's a great player with a lot of potential still. De Bruyne is obviously on another level now and I wouldn't swap him for anyone but Pogba's ceiling is still that high too imho.

juve cannot believe utd paid up to a 140 million for what was an ordinary player, yes Pogba is good at a lot of things but he is not very good at anything,the hype will put him in the De Bruyne bracket but the weekend shows Pogba for what he is against a poor newcasle side utd scored 4 scruffy goals and he had a hand in 2 but untill the 35 minute newcastle were the better team and Pogba was in Shelveys pocket

juve cannot believe utd paid up to a 140 million for what was an ordinary player, yes Pogba is good at a lot of things but he is not very good at anything,the hype will put him in the De Bruyne bracket but the weekend shows Pogba for what he is against a poor newcasle side utd scored 4 scruffy goals and he had a hand in 2 but untill the 35 minute newcastle were the better team and Pogba was in Shelveys pocket

I wouldn’t say Pogba is an ordinary player, far from it in fact.
Juventus did rinse Utd that’s for sure as he is worth nowhere near that kind of transfer fee.
De Bruyne is on another level right now, probably one of the top 2/3 players in the world.

i'm sure they must be flashing images of Pogba up, inbetween Emmerdale and Coronation street in some subliminal mind fuck thing because i've seen nothing that tells me he'll achieve this greatness that the media keep spouting. he's ok against dross and probably the best the rags have which means he shines in a sea of shit

Hes a good player on his day but still never worth that fee. He is basically a marketing ploy with a level of footballing noose.

He is a fucking twat with those dance moves though. That celebration against Newcastle is burned into my brain and i'm not sure how it was ever a natural first reaction to putting a ball in a net. Absolute piss wizard.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.