Worst / Weirdest City Chant

You know what I noticed last night (and a number of other times); the South Stand don’t have a clue what songs to sing at the right times.

When it was getting a bit hairy between the two sets of supporters in the South Stand after we scored our lot started singing the “Gerrard slipped, Suarez cried...” with their arms outstretched and come-on-then-you-twat frowns on their faces.

Didn’t make sense.

Surely that’s a “Ci-ty Ci-ty Ci-ty Ci-ty...”, a “fuck off Feyenoord”, a “you’ve had your day out now fuck off home” moment?

This sort of thing happens a lot. Randomness at the wrong times or the same song from two minutes ago or for the fifth time in a game.

Like the other season, Sanga was having a good run of form in the team with Zaba out for months yet we’d sing the Zaba song four times a game and nowt for Sanga. Alright, sing it once every four games just to let him know we still appreciate him but to sing it as often as we did was almost disrespectful to Sanga.

There was a Dutch fan holding up a Liverpool scarf.

You know what I noticed last night (and a number of other times); the South Stand don’t have a clue what songs to sing at the right times.

Been thinking this for a while. All you'll get back in response is "you start a different song louder then" First half KDB got on the end of a ball down the line and put in a beautiful ball across goal that got cleared for a corner, it got the crowd going a bit, our response, "Gerrard slipped..." Completely and utterly killed any momentum and any chance of the crowd getting a few relevant songs going and increase the noise. Second half we had a chance (can't remember exactly what but i think we got a corner from it) and half a dozen or so at the front try and get a Poznan going from it. Made no sense whatsoever when we still had the ball in a threatening position.

Pretty much every chant we've ever had has been mentioned at least once here.

Personally, for me, the "You sign Phil Jones we sign Kun Aguero" chant should have stopped ages ago.

And this "We're all singing Edin Dzeko" needs to stop as well - didn't sing it whilst he was here and it's even less relevant now.

When it was getting a bit hairy between the two sets of supporters in the South Stand after we scored our lot started singing the “Gerrard slipped, Suarez cried...” with their arms outstretched and come-on-then-you-twat frowns on their faces.

Didn’t make sense.

Surely that’s a “Ci-ty Ci-ty Ci-ty Ci-ty...”, a “fuck off Feyenoord”, a “you’ve had your day out now fuck off home” moment?

This sort of thing happens a lot. Randomness at the wrong times or the same song from two minutes ago or for the fifth time in a game.

Like the other season, Sanga was having a good run of form in the team with Zaba out for months yet we’d sing the Zaba song four times a game and nowt for Sanga. Alright, sing it once every four games just to let him know we still appreciate him but to sing it as often as we did was almost disrespectful to Sanga.

I've thought that as well. one of the champions league games, we were going for a goal and the south stand start singing about edin dzeko, which we didnt even sing when he played for us... instead of come on city ! or something that would get the whole crowd involved. they need to sing more songs that more people join in with. i.e. we love you city, city til i die, hey jude, come on city.

Pretty much every chant we've ever had has been mentioned at least once here.

Personally, for me, the "You sign Phil Jones we sign Kun Aguero" chant should have stopped ages ago.

And this "We're all singing Edin Dzeko" needs to stop as well - didn't sing it whilst he was here and it's even less relevant now.
Spot on. Should be kicked out for singing that embarrassing song.

One chat that did baffle me was chanting "David Moyes is football genus" at the Everton fans after he had gone to united.

Well, at least we don't have to sing the great escape any more (not that we did much successful escaping)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.