The works Christmas doo thread.

W W

worsleyweb

Might be a bit early but they start soon and merits a thread to hear some of the stories which have made me laugh in years gone by.

Ours is at gmex again. Mass produced Xmas dinners and at least one punch up.

I gave up going a couple of years ago - I am afraid modern day do's are somewhat anodyne affairs attended by people trying to impress or who arrive off their trees after having pre-drunk or used substances before coming. They inevitably tail off early and the whole thing just peters out. Not like the good old days of some office sexual indiscretion, a good argument and still trying to get a drink at 5am.......... there's fuck all to gossip about back at work

My old boss held it at his wife’s restaurant every year and would ask you for £25 for a ticket to said event so you could not only line his wife’s pocket on the food but spend your hard earned behind her bar as well.

Needless to say I said no thanks every year but yep, some nuggets paid and thought it a great idea pmsl

Probably go to the Mandarin, all you can eat Chinese shit hole again.
Bring back the days when I had 13 Irish lads working with me that knew how to have a good time.

My old boss held it at his wife’s restaurant every year and would ask you for £25 for a ticket to said event so you could not only line his wife’s pocket on the food but spend your hard earned behind her bar as well.

Needless to say I said no thanks every year but yep, some nuggets paid and thought it a great idea pmsl

A few years ago we went out to a steak house and ate steak/seafood and drank the high end whiskey.
When we were done with that we went next door to the bar and were all (15 of us) handed a $100.00 dollar bill for drinks.
Pay? Nay.

Probably go to the Mandarin, all you can eat Chinese shit hole again.
Bring back the days when I had 13 Irish lads working with me that knew how to have a good time.

I have worked at places who have them after Xmas at a Chinese in Manchester - sitting around a table with a load of middle aged blokes all of whom have to drive home in a Thursday lunchtime in February hardly screamed Christmas to me...............

well mines free and is part of a sales meeting, so dont really get a choice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.