Melbourne City FC Thread

Not been impressed every team they have played they been the poorer side for me. Joyce more worried about conceding than attacking.

Not been impressed every team they have played they been the poorer side for me. Joyce more worried about conceding than attacking.

I agree totally. It's fully understandable though. We have been really attacking and scored freely last 2 seasons but copped goals even more so. So it's clear the emphasis has been defensive and then develop the offence. Also if Joyce fails here he is pretty much cooked in the future so you can understand him not taking too many risks.

I reackon he can continue with this type of style for at least this season but going forward he will need to develop us into a more attacking entertaining team.

Even though we lost last night it didn't feel like a typical loss and in the terraces from what I could tell there wasn't the normal anger.

Next Sunday will be interesting to see what approach he takes.

Home again this Sunday 7pm KO (local time) against the Wanderers. We have only left Melbourne once so far this season for our first 5 games which has been very helpful in regards to results.

Probably only 2 outs, Cahill over in Honduras and I think Jamieson is still out. So pretty much a full squad to choose from.

On reflection last week's result was probably a result we needed to have to give the coach and players a pretty good guide to where we at in terms of the League. Sydney are most likely the team to beat this season bar any unforseen change in circumstances and we basically matched them.

So going into this match if we can continue being tight at the back (only conceeding 2 goals in the first 5 games) and get a little more adventurous and effective up top we should be good for the win.

The weather is turning, mid 20s by ko so the beers should taste better and hopefully a win to finish off the weekend.

Last week finished 1:1 and for the first time this season we really dominated and at times played very attacking. We coughed up a soft goal from a very poor turnover on the edge of our box but after that we responded and set up many chances. Carusca in the second half was instrumental in our resurgence and had it not been for some poor finishing from McCormack we could have scored 4 or 5. But to be fair McCormack did step up for the pen and showed some steel to score.
So basically it finished 1:1 they scored from a mistake and didn't threaten anything afterwards and we wasted some sitters.

We got Brisbane away tonight (local time) and have a full squad to choose from. Hopefully Carusca starts as he is the type to unlock a tight defence. Brisbane have been poor so far and are winless after 6 rounds sitting on the bottom with 3 points and we should be good for a win.
If McCormack or Cahill for that matter start scoring and we maintain our defensive structure we should be hard to beat.

Yep it’s the manager a negative fcuker and only good at coaching kids. Seen most games they haven’t been the best team in any of them.

Game tonight at home vs Perth.

After last week's pathetic performance who knows what we will serve up. In fairness if you minused the 3 howling errors we dominated the game and should have scored several but giving goals like that away at any level it's impossible to win.

I'm hopeful it was just a blip and we can return to our earlier weeks form and not find our annual malaise of mediocrity.

This week has been interesting off the field as the media who normally don't really put out much regarding us has been trying to assert that there are rifts in the changeroom and some sort of bust up between Cahill and Joyce. Also a story of McCormack being dropped and internally suspended for ill discipline. Both as far as can tell are fabrications and baseless. This from my memory is the first real attempt by several journos to go at City.

Anyway we should be good for a win Perth have been horrible and have several key players out injured.

As always who would know which team will turn up.

Game tonight at home vs Perth.

After last week's pathetic performance who knows what we will serve up. In fairness if you minused the 3 howling errors we dominated the game and should have scored several but giving goals like that away at any level it's impossible to win.

I'm hopeful it was just a blip and we can return to our earlier weeks form and not find our annual malaise of mediocrity.

This week has been interesting off the field as the media who normally don't really put out much regarding us has been trying to assert that there are rifts in the changeroom and some sort of bust up between Cahill and Joyce. Also a story of McCormack being dropped and internally suspended for ill discipline. Both as far as can tell are fabrications and baseless. This from my memory is the first real attempt by several journos to go at City.

Anyway we should be good for a win Perth have been horrible and have several key players out injured.

As always who would know which team will turn up.

Well Cahill knows a good manager when he sees one Joyce is a useless manager but a decent coach for a youth team. Give the job to pulis

Well Cahill knows a good manager when he sees one Joyce is a useless manager but a decent coach for a youth team. Give the job to pulis

I haven't really made a firm opinion on Joyce yet. As it is he has come across pretty well and has been pretty methodical in the way he has set up the team mind you very defensive first. Several players have seemed to be playing at a higher level but on the other hand a few quality players from previous seasons haven't had much a chance so at this point I would disagree with "useless" (a few losses then maybe). But you've got to realise the level is fairly low so I'm thinking he will be fine, maybe if we get into Asia then his shortcomings might be exposed but until then he's got my backing basically until he doesn't deserve it.

Pulis I couldn't coment on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.