Everton 2017/18

Allardyce is a far better manager than he's ever given credit for. He's assembled some top coaches on his backroom staff as well. Everton are lucky to have him.

Bolton is the only place he did a good job. Everywhere else since he ranged from average to disaster

Best goal since the premier league started FFS do me a favour his mate Hart put it on a plate for him yet again...

Glad Pep seen through him..

What I see now is that there will be a problem for Everton post Big Sam. He will keep them up but I look at Crystal Palace as an example. After Sam they tried to hire a manager who played a more attractive style in De Boer, but he failed. The problem is they had to go from playing dinosaur football to try to switch to more of a progressive possession style which takes time to do and you won't get the instant results all the time. You can even look at us as an example going from Pellegrini to Pep. The players need time to adapt to the new system. With a club like Everton, with their new owner in Moshiri they have big hopes. Who do they replace Big Sam with and do they have patience if it doesn't instantly go their way?

What I see now is that there will be a problem for Everton post Big Sam. He will keep them up but I look at Crystal Palace as an example. After Sam they tried to hire a manager who played a more attractive style in De Boer, but he failed. The problem is they had to go from playing dinosaur football to try to switch to more of a progressive possession style which takes time to do and you won't get the instant results all the time. You can even look at us as an example going from Pellegrini to Pep. The players need time to adapt to the new system. With a club like Everton, with their new owner in Moshiri they have big hopes. Who do they replace Big Sam with and do they have patience if it doesn't instantly go their way?

They’ve been a mid table at best team for donkeys years - Give Sam 4/5 years and he will get them up near the top 6 - perhaps higher if more money to spend.
Problem is they will have a patch of poor games and every will point the finger at Allardyce, blame him for playing ‘dinosaur tactics’ ... yet forget they played worse under Koeman and other ‘exciting attacking’ managers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.