The wonderful things City fans do to avoid United associations

Heisenberg's Blue Sky

Watching Josh's stream with 85k others online
...Or any other team for that matter.
(Mods feel free to move thread to appropriate place).

Got me thinking today with the derby coming up how I try to avoid the colour red due to its association with all things united.

1. No red colours (even down to my underpants) on derby day. And that includes my kids and the missus. This has been extended to mostly any match as I got older.

2. I have keyboard that is backlit with different colours. It's never on the red colour.

3. Once refusing to get a lift in a red car on derby day. I fuckin walked.

4. Got bought a lovely red T Shirt for my birthday from the missus. It 'accidently' got paint on it. Never worn or seen again.

There's probably more. So Blues, how do you avoid rag associations the in the run up to derby day or always?

Went to get a new phone and was offered an absolutely belting deal on a phone & contract.
turned it down because it was vodafone

See, I have Utd mates, I'm not really interested in Utd or what they do and I don't consider myself childish...

However...

I don't own any red clothing. Never have.
I wont have a cup of tea out of a Utd mug when I go to my mates houses. I've poured a few brews away over the years when this was forced upon me.
I would never be Utd on Fifa.
I would never own a red car.
When I play a board game at Xmas I would never be the red counter.

And finally, a bit different from the the thread question but nether the less.... earlier this week I had to help my Girlfriend look for that Utd away kit from 1992 for a Christmas present for her brother. I wasn't happy to start with, being given this task. Anyway, as I had to click on so many Utd links to find that shite kit in stock on loads of different sport websites I had to then go on the City section of all these websites just to even up the website hits so they couldn't gain an advantage in any way. Took me ages. I'd do it all again even if my GF does think I'm a massive loser.

I like the colour red and it certainly doesn't belong to the rags, dippers or whoever. If anything it belongs to Alty in my head. And no, I'm not that ref.

Edit: I know a Liverpool fan who would play football manager and be the rags boss, just to spend hours selling their players on the cheap and watch them slide down the league. Extreme.

I know a Liverpool fan who would play football manager and be the rags boss, just to spend hours selling their players on the cheap and watch them slide down the league. Extreme.
I used to do that back in the Championship Manager days. It was too difficult to make City good so I just made Utd terrible instead. It was oddly satisfying.

I used to do that back in the Championship Manager days. It was too difficult to make City good so I just made Utd terrible instead. It was oddly satisfying.
If you were doing that while the rest of us were at York away, then you're forgiven.

Saw a decent washing machine then saw it was AIG or whoever their old sponsor was, recoiled and clicked back. Every electrical item in my room has a blue light down to the power indicator on my lamp, which is blue. I have led lights all set to blue, pc fan lights are all blue, led strip lights on the back of my monitor are blue

IMAG0044_jpg_backup_000.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.