West Ham Post Match Thread

Starting to get on my tits now. I'm trying to be rational but the top and bottom is that teams are not coming here to play. It's 2 banks of 5 with a counter where possible looking for set pieces. That gives you about a 5% chance of scoring and given our sudden inability to defend set pieces and high balls we are conceding that 5%. It's frustrating in the extreme and we are missing Stones.

We are up against brick fucking walls at the moment. It's taking negativity to a whole new level. Coming here just to keep the score respectable rather than attempt to win the fucking thing is absolutely shite given the money floating about in this league. There is no excuse for it.

But we keep finding ways to win so all those looking at doing the same, then I wish you the best of luck because Christ knows you'll need it.

Spot on. If what we’ve seen in recent weeks is the way football is played in this country from now on then it’ll be the death of the game. Disgusting to see the tactics Moyes employed today.

Maybe the FA could look into awarding extra points for attacking prowess and artistic display as well as the 'win', based on the refs and linesmens impressions

Hard fought win but it will be like that until teams need the points at the end of the season then I expect us to be smashing teams but until then I think this is the way teams will play against us. I’d like to see Sane and Sterling switch wings when we can’t get crosses into the box just so they can come inside and shoot, for me Jesus should start ahead of Aguero at the moment he seems off the pace and flat footed, ask me 5 weeks ago I’d say we would’ve smashed United, next week whoever scores first wins.

It’s games against bottom half teams which are harder because they just set out to not get tonked. And as every coach will tell you, it’s a lot easier defending than trying to score.
For Huddersfield, Soton, West Ham they just want to get our fixture out of the way and move on to more realistic point opportunities. But eventually they tire hence we’re getting lots of late goals.
The game against United will be a lot easier than say Swansea in my view

That's 3 get out of jail free cards in a row we have played, and 3 games in a row without a first half goal...makes things a hell of a lot harder in the 2nd. Still, got to admire the mentality of this team and the way we keep finding a way back into games and winning.
Almost threw it away 5 minutes from time with that Mangala mistake, he has to get minimal exposure going forward as he is a liability. Lot of harsh words on Kun from various posters, not his best hour and a half but come on, he had piss all to work with.
Otamendi is another who gets a lot of jip, the man has been excellent this season, he can pass and he can score, he can also defend which some seem to forget.
At the end of this season we could look back at this wee spell and say, this was our bad patch yet we have come out with 3 wins and 9 points from it...this team is quite special.

Almost threw it away when Fernandinho gave possession away with his very first touch. I thought apart from the assist for the goal Kev was pretty awful, Silva was wasteful and Aguero anonymous till he was hooked. Agree about Otamendi though.

it's supposed to be the Premier League, the top level of football in this country and yet teams just park the bus and, unbelievably, get praised for it.

Personally think it was Jesus' introduction not the 2 up front. He is just a better footballer. Maybe not a better striker. Yet.

Also if we play 2 up front we can't play 2 wide unless we play KDB in Dinho's role. OK today but not sure it's possible against better teams.

It was noticeable as soon as we scored the second Aguero was hooked. Reinforces the impression that Pep much prefers 1 striker to 2.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.