West Ham Post Match Thread

I really find it strange that people think teams have an obligation to come and play open expansive football against us. Listened to a guy on 606 last night bemoan their tactics and those of Huddersfield and Southampton. Kept going on about football as a brand being damaged and they should be entertaining the football world not worrying about how many we will beat them by when they do. Its rediculous, teams will do what they think is right to try and get something from the game for the good of their season, and to be fair it very nearly worked for them. Closer than most others.

No amount of moaning will change that teams will keep doing this to us and its up to us to be good enough to beat them, which thankfully we have so far.

Football is NOT entertainment.
Luckily we have a team that is not only winning, but doing it with some style.

I've no objection to teams coming and playing a 10 man defence, but what winds me up is the time wasting at dead balls and throw ins and goalkeepers holding the ball forever(I thought there was a six second rule for goalkeepers), referees need to take control and book players earlier

Football is NOT entertainment.
Luckily we have a team that is not only winning, but doing it with some style.
Absolutely, but wasnt that long ago we weren't and we had to fight and scrap for every point just to stay up. Seems quite a few have forgotton that.

Living in Munich I naturally have come to watch quite a bit of Bayern Munich (I hate the club but it is almost inevitable to watch them down here). Actually always, but in particular during Pep's spell as coach, teams came to the Allianz arena with absolutely no intention to play ball. The sole purpose was to limit the defeat. It even came to the point that some teams sent their 2nd string, knowing they would anyway loose. I think we are seeing the beginning of the same thing with City now. There is nothing we can do about it except getting better at playing against 11 defenders. If we could score 1-2 goals earlier in the game things would be much easier.

I've no objection to teams coming and playing a 10 man defence, but what winds me up is the time wasting at dead balls and throw ins and goalkeepers holding the ball forever(I thought there was a six second rule for goalkeepers), referees need to take control and book players earlier
This

Referring to.the comment I made earlier about the rags not being title challengers.
I know they are 2nd and I know that some people think that they will challenge for the title.
The reality is different. The title is ours to lose and the best they can do is finish a distant second.
Mark my words, we will beat them on Sunday, we will be 11 points clear and they will be going back to the drawing board!

When the laws were changed in 1997 goalies were given four steps to move with the ball in their hands and six seconds to release the ball.
Daughter counted WHU goalie break this law virtually every time. There's supposed to be an indirect free kick awarded.

http://asktheref.com/Soccer Rules/Question/24765/

I had to correct myself cheering Zabba. It was weird. Thought he got a great reception. He didn't play badly either. As far as the game is concerned, I thought we were poor in the first half and a lot better second. I'm just about to watch the recording to see what was going on first half. Thought Ota had a great game apart from being out leapt for their goal. Thought Mangler was ok. Not great but not bad either. Mike Dean just let them waste time with no action whatsoever but booked Rahim immediately when he flicked the ball away from their free kick. I hope the club stays in their faces all season. The match going public deserve better and more consistent performances from these clowns.

When the laws were changed in 1997 goalies were given four steps to move with the ball in their hands and six seconds to release the ball.
Daughter counted WHU goalie break this law virtually every time. There's supposed to be an indirect free kick awarded.

http://asktheref.com/Soccer Rules/Question/24765/
The four steps rule no longer applies I believe although I am not sure about the six second rule.
Joe always used to dither!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.