FIFA World Cup 2018 Draw

Should get through the group, even chance v Poland or Columbia then if we make it past them either s hammering or a dull defeat against whoever we meet.

Well, as Svennis would say, we avoided Puerto Rico. Draw sets us up nicely to get a stuffing in the last 8. If it' Germany, bring back Heskey.

All the press and radio going nuts because Southgate has been told his job is safe regardless of how England do in Russia.

Now , I’m not over mithered about England and I’m not southgates biggest fan either but I’d give the fella chance to build something with this young team. No pressure , just work together and grow together .... like Germany did ... who then won the World Cup.

Press in this country are simpletons

All the press and radio going nuts because Southgate has been told his job is safe regardless of how England do in Russia.

Now , I’m not over mithered about England and I’m not southgates biggest fan either but I’d give the fella chance to build something with this young team. No pressure , just work together and grow together .... like Germany did ... who then won the World Cup.

Press in this country are simpletons
Think they're right on this occasion. Why say you can lose all 3 games and get to keep your job? Where's the motivation there?

If England can't get out of that group he should be sacked - don't see how you could justify keeping him in those circumstances.

Think they're right on this occasion. Why say you can lose all 3 games and get to keep your job? Where's the motivation there?

If England can't get out of that group he should be sacked - don't see how you could justify keeping him in those circumstances.

If we can't get out if the group then the England national team should fold and The FA be abolished.

I agree with keeping Southgate on though. I think an international manager - bar terrible failure - should get two tournaments to prove his worth.

At the end of the day it will only end up being someone like Pardew who ends up taking the helm. Hardly exciting.

I get you, but who do you draft in then ?

The Germany team stuck with the young kids. Did crap in 2 tournaments then won it in Brazil.
We probably don’t have the talent that Germany team did but we’ve failed in every World Cup since 66 (possible exception Italia 90), so why not give it a go

The Germany team stuck with the young kids. Did crap in 2 tournaments then won it in Brazil.
We probably don’t have the talent that Germany team did but we’ve failed in every World Cup since 66 (possible exception Italia 90), so why not give it a go

Exactly. But why they had to make it public, is beyond me. Just tell him, we have faith in you and have decided that we want you to try
and build the England team. We will give you time.

If that happens, along with a supporting cast of Sterling, Alli, Lallana and Rashford, hopefully they can chip in with decent performances.
That Sterling bloke who plays for England is shit. They should replace him with the similarly-named guy who plays for us - he's mustard.

The Germany team you're referring to, got to the semis of both the preceding tournaments. If you said England were going to be that "shit" I'd take it now.

Germany were poor at Euro 2000 and completely changed the whole system of youth coaching (See Das Reboot by Rafa Honigstein). Clubs bought into it too which is important. I think England's youth teams are quite good so a revamp is not necessary - we just need to figure out how to bring those players through.

The first XI is not good enough to win the World Cup (the core of midfield and defence is poor IMO), but we are better than Panama and Tunisia.

A good tactician should be able to outwit Roberto Martinez too, but I'm not sure Gareth Southgate can.

I'm not saying sack him now, but if he can't get this side out of the group stage at a minimum then he isn't the right person to take England forward.

The Germany team you're referring to, got to the semis of both the preceding tournaments. If you said England were going to be that "shit" I'd take it now.

Germany were poor at Euro 2000 and completely changed the whole system of youth coaching (See Das Reboot by Rafa Honigstein). Clubs bought into it too which is important. I think England's youth teams are quite good so a revamp is not necessary - we just need to figure out how to bring those players through.

The first XI is not good enough to win the World Cup (the core of midfield and defence is poor IMO), but we are better than Panama and Tunisia.

A good tactician should be able to outwit Roberto Martinez too, but I'm not sure Gareth Southgate can.

I'm not saying sack him now, but if he can't get this side out of the group stage at a minimum then he isn't the right person to take England forward.

In midfield we are absolutely bang average, but I do think defensively as long as we go with the back 3 we will be fine.

Brazil's first XI barely got a sniff at any clear-cut chances at Wembley.

I just think in tournaments as long as you are an organised team you can get away with it in regards to a defensive individual point of view.

Portugal's back 4 that won the Euro's was hardly world class, same with Holland's back 5 in the last World Cup, all of whom were Eredivisie players if I recall bar Ron Vlaar.

Even Argentina's World Cup 2014 defence was hardly world class on paper. They had to recall a then 33 year old Demichelis to help them out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.