Ashes 2017/18

Results of Ashes series down under from 1990 onwards.

Aus 3-0 Eng

Aus 3 - 1 Eng

Aus 3 - 1 Eng

Aus 4 - 1 Eng

Aus 5 - 0 Eng

Aus 1 - 3 Eng

Aus 5- 0 Eng

The one series England won in this time was the best England side of its generation playing at its' peak against the worst Australian side of its generation and even then England had to wait until the final test to seal the series.

I suppose if mugs keep buying tickets then the decision to increase the frequency of these series will be justified but it is all hype - the actual real competition is limited. Yesterday evening's session was rare in its intensity and evenness.

Laughable to hear Root saying England will take positives from this test and go in good heart for the next test. I know it is compulsory for sports people to look on the bright side but I am wondering what he's on if he genuinely think that England have somehow turned a corner. It would have been refreshingly honest for him to say that England are shit and a series victory in Australia is merely a once in a generation event and we ain't due the next one until 2030.

Last edited:
Yeah, it ends in failure so often and to be fair it’s not just to England either.

Australia still have the best part of 200 runs to play with - that’s a hell of a lot of leeway going into day 5 of a test match.

If England win this match, it will be one of the greatest comebacks in test match history and won’t be far off Headingley 1981 for me.

There you go. Similar story. They rarely end well!

Likely to be 3rd whitewash in 4 series down under.

Makes a mockery of it being “the greatest rivalry in sport”. English players should learn to play overseas.

been saying for years and years and nothing gets done because the home test with swing bowling its keeping out the others and we need to get some of the 20/20 opening batters in the test squad they face all sort of stuff and can score runs and quick also we need a spin bowler somebody that is in the team just for spin and not part time

we have had 2 years to build a team that can go over there and play in there conditions with a kookaburra ball but the ECB did nothing but blow smoke up the arss of the media but this time i think it will hit home and we will lose 5.0 and come home and 3 or 4 of the players will stand down from international cricket and the core of the england team will be gone and england will have to build again but we all know its back in england in 2 years time so swing bowlers and part time spin will be picked

It's too easy for the Aussies, England are making a mediocre Aussie side look a whole lot better than they really are.

Thought it be the bowlers that would be the problem! Nope it’s our batting utterly woeful get a score of 350/400 this Aussies side will look like us.

This is only ending up the same way as Freddies & Cooks Ashes encounters in Oz, a big 5-0. They have better bowlers and batsmen who can get centuries. Its game over.

This is only ending up the same way as Freddies & Cooks Ashes encounters in Oz, a big 5-0. They have better bowlers and batsmen who can get centuries. Its game over.
I only think they have better bowlers for the conditions. If we played them over here I reckon we would have every chance of beating them again. We really need a decent spinner and a genuinely quick bowler to be able to compete abroad though.

I only think they have better bowlers for the conditions. If we played them over here I reckon we would have every chance of beating them again. We really need a decent spinner and a genuinely quick bowler to be able to compete abroad though.
Yeh i can agree with that mate. It's a dif ballgame on those Aussie pitches for our bowlers. Apart from this 5 wicket haul from Jimmy he's failed every time over there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.