Champions League Games 5/6 Dec

Does anyone know if five clubs from the same country ever made the round of 16 before?
This is the third season where the Europa League winners have qualified for the CL. On all three occasions said team didn't qualify for the CL via the league (Sevilla x2 + United) so the winner's respective nations have had 5 teams in the tournament. So far there hasn't been an occasion where 5 have made it to the last 16, albeit there have only been two of said occasions.

The only other time a country's had 5 teams in the tournament as far as I can recall was back in 05-06 but Everton got themselves eliminated pretty quickly that time.

Liverpool pissing it tonight. 2 up after 15 minutes.

*edit* Make that 3 after 18 minutes. If Spartak are CL standard, I'll believe that Elvis is alive and well and working in Tesco's in Tunbridge Wells.

Fair play to them, they played well, but some of the defending from Spartak is absolutely embarrassing.
100%. But you can only beat the dross they put out in front of you.

What'll be interesting is to see how much mettle they have. They're form this season is the opposite of last year's in that they're completely trouncing the weak sides but they're having a rough time against most decent sides. Although they haven't been able to build up a run of form like this yet so we'll see if momentum carries through.

They actually remind me a lot of us last season.

Possible Round of 16 opponents

Basel
Bayern Munich
Juventus
Sevilla
Porto
Real Madrid

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.