Shakhtar (a) Post Match thread

First defeat for Gabriel Jesus in a City shirt. Atleast it happened on a meaningless match.

After a couple of windows
Mangala gone
Danilo gone
Tosin gone
Bravo gone
Toure thanks legend gone
Gundogan after time maybe gone
B Silva gone
Probably a few more as well.

Think Gundy and Silva are ok until now not withstanding they came to us off serious injuries and in Gundy's case he has suffered a serious injury since coming to us.

They are not automatic first team selections if fully fit but both have the potential to be in time IMO or at least very capable replacements when needed.

Still a question mark over Danilo as if we judged players with as limited game time as he has had as not good enough a number in the current first eleven would have been shipped off already.

We actually played excellently in the second half for the most part. However it's becoming a recurring theme that we play poorly in the 1st half and well in the 2nd. Not scoring a goal in the first 30 minutes is seriously hampering us.
There was a worrying statistic I saw a few weeks ago that showed if we don't score in the first 35 minutes of matches, we struggle.

They put this down to a human beings ability to concentrate. Tonight was a strange one. I hate seeing us lose, but I suppose like most I expected it tonight.

There was also the unbeaten record to preserve, but again just like Aguero beating Eric Brookes' record, I just wanted it over with so we could move on.

However, considering tonight's match meant fuck all outside of professional pride, & considering all the changes we made & the fact the match was a must win for Shaktar & they were the home team, I thought we did OK.

Seeing Yaya fade before my eyes is painful to watch. I suppose just like Aguero's record & our unbeaten run, I just want Yaya's playing days at City to be over. I also hope he retires gracefully at the end of the season & doesn't go out like an ageing punch drunk boxer whose had one fight too many.

Some thoughts on the young lads...

Brahim was excellent. He'd be a great option against a parked bus. An incredibly instinctive dribbler who's grown so much physically since his Swansea cameo last year. Looks strong now and has genuine magic in his boots.

Foden is 17. SEVENTEEN. He was asked to play fucking left-back, and yet he looked alright. To just look alright at that age, away in the Ukraine in a ridiculously unfamiliar position is a huge huge achievement in itself and testament to his natural ability.

Thought Tosin was pretty poor in the back three but then actually settled into the game when we went to a back four and he became more assertive and settled in. Problem is he now won't get the game time to build on it and he'll reset straight back to the nervy mess he was after no football for weeks on end. He needs a loan somewhere to find his rhythm.

Agree with all that.

I also think this was a tactical loss for pep, it served the main purposes of eliminating Napoli and resting most of our first team

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.