Our strength in depth.

Pep played a team that had not played much together and people make judgements on B.Silva and Gundogan. Knee-jerk comes to mind.
It's not just last night though is it? B.Silva has been a huge disappointment so far. Replace Merlin? Never in a million years. Gundog ?sadly injuries have taken their toll. Wafer thin squad in key areas. Big few weeks ahead.

It's not just last night though is it? B.Silva has been a huge disappointment so far. Replace Merlin? Never in a million years. Gundog ?sadly injuries have taken their toll. Wafer thin squad in key areas. Big few weeks ahead.

There were many who said the same about Sane last season. I still remember reading posts like "I don't see what Sane brings to the team". Now, he is one of the first names on the teamsheet. B.Silva has started very few meaningful matches here and there and his sub appearances have been hardly 10-15 minutes. Gundogan is coming back after a long injury. Aguero has not been the same after the car accident despite playing regularly, and then we are expecting Gundogan to play well. There is also the fact that Pep's system needs time and games for players to adapt to, as we have seen with the improvement in several players this season. We need to be patient with B.Silva and Gundogan. Writing them off or even planning to replace them is too premature at this point.

There were many who said the same about Sane last season. I still remember reading posts like "I don't see what Sane brings to the team". Now, he is one of the first names on the teamsheet. B.Silva has started very few meaningful matches here and there and his sub appearances have been hardly 10-15 minutes. Gundogan is coming back after a long injury. Aguero has not been the same after the car accident despite playing regularly, and then we are expecting Gundogan to play well. There is also the fact that Pep's system needs time and games for players to adapt to, as we have seen with the improvement in several players this season. We need to be patient with B.Silva and Gundogan. Writing them off or even planning to replace them is too premature at this point.
Always the same suspects mate. Sterling and Sane, now Silva. Unbelievable how quickly people write off the best young players

First season , why do some people never learn ? I don't think he has ever even played in Silva's position for us. What I would say though is he is too left footed to be Sterlings back up.

B Silva needs to be stuck in the middle imo to be effective, seems to slow for our style of play to play on the wing. Danilo wont be sold in the summer, guys only just joined for 26 million quid. It was a fully rotated team thats never played together before, dunno what you expect.

If we replace Mangala, get Stones and Mendy back and integrate Foden, Diaz and Tosin a little more we will start to look very strong.

Bernardo has disappointed a little but first season, not played in his best position and missing pre season havent helped. He will be much better I’m sure next season much like Sane has been this year.

I could not be happier with depth of squad, Stones/Mendy back and we are massively spoilt for choice compared to other premier league teams and we are miles ahead on quality .

You cannot base last night result on our lack of depth, 2 teams one who it would have been very nice to win the other desperate to win in conditions that only suited one team.

To early to say but it can't be out of Guardiola's mind after testing him in that position.
Interesting thought, there's Raph Guerreiro at Dortmund who can play as a 10, 8, left wing and left fullback, but not many others i can think of.

Can you imagine, England finally produces a potentially great number 10 again, and he get's converted to a left-back by Guardiola.

Last night left me with the impression that the biggest gap we have is someone who can do what Fern does.
I know we could do with better fullback and centre defence cover but the energy and simplicity Fern gives us is unique in the squad.
Before his injury I wondered if Ilkay could do it - he’s certainly got a lot of what it takes - and would like to see him tried more there.

What still excites me is the prospect of Diaz and Foden playing numbers 8 and 10. They could be awesome

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.