Our strength in depth.

There’s an alarming drop in creativity without Merlin and KDB. So far, Gundogan and Bernardo (specially the latter) have failed to sparkle. However, I’m in agreement with many other posters that they should grow into their roles with a little time and patience.

I wouldn’t argue with some additional cover elsewhere, e.g. centre back and Sanchez, although I wouldn’t be that arsed either. It seems a little like stock-piling.

By and large, we have a great squad, even if not everybody’s on fire at the same time.

Hopefully someone could prove me wrong but we do seem short in numbers in comparison to those across the road which does not give you much wriggle room in the event of injury or loss of form. As an example with one injury to Stones we have become reliant on an injury prone Kompany and a player who was open to offers in the summer. Similarly one injury at left back and we have dragged in a midfielder who also for sale in the summer.

I know this is Peps way and he likes a small pool of players and is innovative in finding solutions but I just hope we can succesfully through this period without further problems.

You are correct in terms of numbers.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/vereins-statistik/wertvollstemannschaften/marktwertetop?plus=1

Players such as Foden don't feature on the list but that's the same for every club.

Out of the top 100 clubs 99 have more players than we do.

We need goal scorers. To many open in front of goal, not confident enough to take a shot.

You are correct in terms of numbers.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/vereins-statistik/wertvollstemannschaften/marktwertetop?plus=1

Players such as Foden don't feature on the list but that's the same for every club.

Out of the top 100 clubs 99 have more players than we do.

Thanks for that it does feel that way particularly in the defensive positions.

As an example at centre half them lot could call upon Rojo, Jones, Blind, Lindelof, Bailly, Smalling.

Probably Peps way of teaching requires a small player base but it does look a little disconcerting from the outside.

Thanks for that it does feel that way particularly in the defensive positions.

As an example at centre half them lot could call upon Rojo, Jones, Blind, Lindelof, Bailly, Smalling.

Probably Peps way of teaching requires a small player base but it does look a little disconcerting from the outside.

Better quality than quantity and we do have versatile players but I tend to agree with you despite that.

As has been said earlier we played away against one of the top 16 teams in Europe in a game we didn’t need to win. Shaktar are a very good team, when we played them at home with our full team they gave us problems.

Last night we played a different formation in three at the back with a 17 year old playing out of position at wing back. So last night we replaced our entire back four, we then had a completely different midfield (as Fern was at the back).

So a new defence a new midfield playing with 10 men (Yaya was a passenger) loose 2.1 away and dominate possession.

Stones and Mendy to come in I’d say we were in pretty good shape squad wise

As has been said earlier we played away against one of the top 16 teams in Europe in a game we didn’t need to win. Shaktar are a very good team, when we played them at home with our full team they gave us problems.

Last night we played a different formation in three at the back with a 17 year old playing out of position at wing back. So last night we replaced our entire back four, we then had a completely different midfield (as Fern was at the back).

So a new defence a new midfield playing with 10 men (Yaya was a passenger) loose 2.1 away and dominate possession.

Stones and Mendy to come in I’d say we were in pretty good shape squad wise
please dont talk sense you will get banned.

Always the same suspects mate. Sterling and Sane, now Silva. Unbelievable how quickly people write off the best young players
No-one is writing anybody off, where oh where do you get that from ?
Im sure B Silva will be great eventually
The purpose of the thread is if our midfield 2 KDB and D Silva get injured (like say this month) we have very little creatively to replace them with, our strength in depth isnt that great judging by the way we played last night and against Wolves with replacements for KDB and David Silva.

Repeat... this is not a thread suggesting getting rid of B Silva or Gundog

We're arguably 4 players short of being able to play the same football in the same system without any drop in standard, either in a game or in a game 3 days later: centre half, left back, central midfielder, Sanchez.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.