Deal Or No Deal.

Two Gun Bob

It can be fraught with difficulty trying to find genuine value in the myriadal pool of deals. Are they all genuine or just being pretentious by offloading tat for new arrivals. Maybe they are just tickling the RRP which should be ignored at all costs.

I knew from last month that a certain exoctic parfum was priced at £52.00. Imagine my consternation when yesterdays selling price indicated a 20% reduction down from £60 to £48.00 ? Effectively they were massaging the anti and I tell you it's not a pretty site to witness.

Currys were playing hard ball on Black Friday with an OLED indicating a £1400.00 reduction.
I seem to remember the year previously the W6 model selling at £2750 and this one was down to £2500.
The reduction was actually around £250-£400 but fair does and still exceptional value, but not the advertised discount of £1400 off.

I have regularly seen packs of three items calculate out @more expensive than buying on an individual basis so it's minefield of misinformation for those that are not shop savvy. I don't have time to delve into the naughtiness of the reduction therapy techinique but enough to say eternal shame on them all.

Celebration ..well how can it be a Celebration when it has around 20 chocolates less than the other year. Even my twixes have shrunk to inordinate proportions. If I wasn't a cynic I'd say they were trying to pull down our trews and give us a spanking.

Sky are in for the shock of their life because once I buy a Humax freesat box for £170 in two months time then I won't be coming back for any more gruel. I have their equipment until mid Feb and then they are dead in the water. The sky thread on here is alive and kicking and I still see posters obtaining £30 and £ 40 deals and yet there having me for a fat lad and still want £58. It's not happening and I will hold strong and be resilient and not sucumn to their scurlious sales shite.

I'm drifting so the deal I would like to open with is one that could make your New Year a very happy one indeed. It's a WoWcher deal and you need to be quick as 7800 units have already sold in days. There are certain restrictions and you have to be a part of a group like nursing, fireman etc and the list is extensive but sadly excluding working class heroes like myself. My daughter is in the nursing sector so she has just filled her boots.

The offer is half priced at £33 today and includes £14 back to spend in store immediately and a free large chicken, a free giant fudge cake and a free pack of 48 AAA batteries. Like wtf ? I actually calculated it's a free to join jobbie for the year with around a tenner profit. And your spouse gets to come free with their own card. So in essence it's an entry into a pandoras box of wholesale bargains for two peeps for a full year for now't. Absolutely incredible and only 5 hours left. If you see any good offers for merchandise or service supliers or even for your upcoming jollies then do put them to ink asap.

https://www.wowcher.co.uk/email-deals/manchester/6127449/12-month-costco-membership-33-60?Linkpos=Title&blockpos=17&deal=6127449&ito=wowcher_email_Manchester Weekly Deals 2017-12-07&cauth=55db14b7-937b-4386-81f2-28320c218495&st_cid=11500734&st_rid=12455408

Last edited:
I seem to remember you purchasing a new tv recently(or am i dreaming?) I know my Panosonic is now some 5 yrs old now and came with both Freesat and Freeview HD tuners. Wouldn't want to assume anything so, have you checked said tv for tuners?

I seem to remember you purchasing a new tv recently(or am i dreaming?) I know my Panosonic is now some 5 yrs old now and came with both Freesat and Freeview HD tuners. Wouldn't want to assume anything so, have you checked said tv for tuners?

It's no good Mr Sprout because we have no ariels in our sheltered housing.
I only have a satelite dish to plug in to so it has to be freesat.We also are using amazon prime for the films and box sets.
We are cut off now and waiting for a deal : /

Yes I bought a new tv last year on the it's time to buy a new tv thread and everything is cushty a year down the line.
I highly reccomended it and give it 5 stars at the time and still do.It's incredible mate.

Yes it has freeview not freesat but it works as it's going through the web.
It has a limited amount of channels and catch up but no where near as many as freesat can offer.
Plus a Humax freesat box would allow us to rewind pause and more importantly record but it's a trifle hefty at £170.
This is why we will not go back to Sky after we have coughed up for one.No need ?

Still hoping for that call to come through at the last hour for a better deal.
Sky has a good usable platform and you can also have the ultra HD but it's not a deal breaker and this aint no scene out of deliverance.
I hope they ring me truly I do !

6cNArH6.gif

I was just checking pal, mine has both freeSAT HD and Free View HD and the ability to add a HDD for recording from both tuners

I was just checking pal, mine has both freeSAT HD and Free View HD and the ability to add a HDD for recording from both tuners

Hello mate I have just gone back on our LG and it has loads of apps running along the bottom of the screen as below.

http://www.lg.com/uk/smarttv/index.html

After papping about we found free sat disguised under "TV Guide".Brilliant LG brilliant piece of subterfuge : /
Obviously after pressing on a programme their is no signal as the satelite dish is connected to the sky box.
So if we bypass the skybox and plug the dish into the tv we have freesat yes ?

Hello mate I have just gone back on our LG and it has loads of apps running along the bottom of the screen as below.

After papping about we found free sat disguised under "TV Guide".Brilliant LG brilliant piece of subterfuge : /
Obviously after pressing on a programme their is no signal as the satelite dish is connected to the sky box.
Try it mate, it should work.

i'd bet so sir

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.