Some things never change. Police apologise for their lies

How about an apology to all the fans who were mistreated and some proper compensation for their ruined day.
Then the Force should also have to answer to the Police Commissioner about why they have cost the tax payer so much more than necessary.
I was always under the impression that Hillsborough was an aberration, albeit a rather wicked one, in which everyone closed ranks to protect a negligent senior officer. But the more I've seen of the way the police deal with football fans I'm tempted to believe is was a blueprint.

...and that is it, all done and dusted? does somebody not hold these to account for such actions? I accept the weirdest stuff can look bad when it is good faith. A "mate" once thought i nicked his watch because he could not find it and i found it the second i got up to look for it, he was adamant i had swiped it then backed down.

I feel this is a little bit different than a misunderstanding of good intentions.

Stewards from both clubs were injured by brawling fans before and after the match. Fact.
Palace had a large group deliberately arrive late for the game seeking trouble. Fact.
I know fans from Brighton and Palace. Trouble was expected and trouble was planned. The police were absolutely 100% correct in stating that Palace fans were intent on causing trouble. They were. They did.
The police issued a statement in haste. And were clearly wrong. But let’s not get caught up in the Prestwich Blue utter hyperbolic (hyperbollocks) nonsense that the police are, to quote him, “conducting a war against football fans”. Really? A war? Get a grip. The police in this country do an excellent job in ensuring match day is now a relatively peaceful event. They, the police, have been absolutely instrumental in making the footballing day a much better, safer and enjoyable one.

Is that you Rafa?

Stewards from both clubs were injured by brawling fans before and after the match. Fact.
Palace had a large group deliberately arrive late for the game seeking trouble. Fact.
I know fans from Brighton and Palace. Trouble was expected and trouble was planned. The police were absolutely 100% correct in stating that Palace fans were intent on causing trouble. They were. They did.
The police issued a statement in haste. And were clearly wrong. But let’s not get caught up in the Prestwich Blue utter hyperbolic (hyperbollocks) nonsense that the police are, to quote him, “conducting a war against football fans”. Really? A war? Get a grip. The police in this country do an excellent job in ensuring match day is now a relatively peaceful event. They, the police, have been absolutely instrumental in making the footballing day a much better, safer and enjoyable one.
And yet another example of Manchester's finest doing an excellent job...
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ter-news/police-pay-200k-to-stoke-city-892847

Is it any wonder our Council Tax keeps increasing yet services are cut.

LOL. Ask the Stoke fans who were forcibly and illegally held in a Salford pub before a game at the swamp, bussed back to Stoke (whether or not they'd been on the coach or had made their own way to the game) who successfully sued GMP.

Ask Rod Rhoden who, despite the fact that he's not been involved in any trouble for many years, is still targeted by GMP at games to the distress of his teenage son and whose season ticket was withheld by them for 5 months after he was arrested on a trumped up charge.

Ask the female City fan handed a banning order for simply appearing on a photograph, which police classed as "associating with known hooligans" even though she didn't know anyone else on the photograph.

Ask the away fans involved in so-called "bubble games" who live near the home stadium yet have to report to their home stadium to get their tickets.

Ask the Liverpool fans who were vilified by the police and media for 30 years before the truth about Hillsborough became public knowledge.

Ask the people (I suspect most of us at some time) who have committed a criminal offence by simply giving away their ticket to a friend or relative.

I accept that a minority of football fans don't help their own cause but most of us can be trusted to behave ourselves even after having a drink.

I accept that a minority of football fans don't help their own cause but most of us can be trusted to behave ourselves even after having a drink.
As to be fair do the majority of Police, I have generally been treated well by the police at most games I've been to
Unfortunately, like most people in most jobs, there are a few cretins. Those that are in the Police have a bit more ability to arbitrarily abuse power , than people in other jobs. Fortunately in my experience most don't.

When Brighton hosted Crystal Palace the Sussex Police were highly critical of the Palace fans, claiming that weapons (including knives and knuckledusters) were recovered from some of those fans. They've now admitted this report, while made in "good faith" was completely fabricated.

How on earth can a pack of lies be told "in good faith"? These corrupt, lying bastards are conducting a war against football fans of which Hillsborough was the most blatant lie but far from the only one.

and they wonder why they get no respect? Only needed the Sun to back them and claim fans pissed on each other and this would have been a 25 year campaign trying to prove a crisp packet is not a knuckle duster

They, the police, have been absolutely instrumental in making the footballing day a much better, safer and enjoyable one.
Couldn’t agree more.
david-beckham-644647774.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.