Are the match going fans the last piece in Pep's revolution?

Bang on! What's wrong with expecting fans to make some noise? I used to sit in the North Stand now I am in SS3. Most of the people around me are silent throughout the game!
I'm also in SS3, and can hear a pin drop much too often. Out of the immediate 25 or so around me probably 85% are there every week but there's only 25% of us giving the vocals apart from the odd moment or two.

If we can't create an atmosphere with how we're playing etc I don't hold out much hope in the future.

Glad there is a thread on this because I have just seen the appeal from Pep or club adviser asking for fan support. Beats me what whoever posted Peps plea actually thinks fans do at a game.

I've been in 1894 since the beginning, for over 4 years I have asked every contact at the club I can speak to for us to meet up with players / managers be it themselves or their representatives. We hit a brick wall, our club contacts are fantastic, really do go the extra mile. But even they hit this brick wall between player and fans. If we can liaise and have a better bond with players then the atmosphere will pick up hugely. You can not create a bond between the fans / players simply by showing a few players wearing Xmas jumpers on the "unrealistic" MCFC official website.

Great that some posts on this thread have mentioned groups of tickets for fans in say 115 / 116, I hope you do join us when we offer them out. But we have been doing this for two years and even though we can get around 150 seats for cup games & CL we still only ever get 70 fans coming forward, so where are the other fans that want to sing ? Please join us Vs Basel, lets get it to 150 fans or 200 fans all singing. Having said that the atmosphere has been quite good all season in the 115 / 116 / 117 area.

Anyhow here is my message to whoever is behind the "Pep request" ---- We would love to have a great bond between the team and fans as it would lift the atmosphere to the level we all want. We have regularly seen your previous managed teams going to the fans behind the goals at the end of games raising arms above heads / singing / dancing with fans, this creates noise and a bond that in turn creates more support & noise. ( Huddersfield Town do this quite regular )
But the players and yourself after home games and most away games struggle getting passed the half way line for a half hearted two claps, you disappear down the tunnel in a rush to get in the changing rooms.
We don't bite, so come and join us in celebration. ( fans might stay after the end to )

We should extend the stadium as soon as possible.

Reduce the tickets to £30. Fill the ground.

All these empty seats jibes shouldn't bother anybody over the age of 16.

Cup games sometimes have a better atmosphere because 1894 organise blocks , but it is most likely season ticket holders in those areas.
But for league games do the £31 or £35 games have a better atmosphere than the £50 games not imo. If the spurs game was £30 instead of £50 it was be more or less the same 5000 matchday goers going. I chosse games on time of year / work commitments / day and time of the game, the cost of the ticket whether its £30 pr £50 makes little difference to the cost of my weekend.
Not saying pricing is not an issue, just the pricing of matchday tickets will make bugger all difference to league match atmosphere it's up to 45000 season ticket holders, not the 5000 of us matchday goers spread all over the place.

New songs are needed,stand up if you love City is a bit dated for instance now,people round me stand up for 5-10 seconds a quick clap and back down

I think the type of fans we price out are what is needed. Sick of seeing half and half scarf wearing quiet out for the day supporters who now go footy to see a show. We need supporters not spectators.

Time to bring the prices right down with the first batch being sold at the ground only, solves everything imo

Good post. Supporters not spectators.

It’s mentioned alot but that Hamburg game in 2009 was amazing, only a handful of times have I been apart of something so amazing, we need to find someway of capturing that and I suppose we are doing that slowly, making every single game meaningful and has something important riding on it, we are one of the best sets of supporters when we get going, but I have to say that we only get going three or four times a year

How can you cheer a team you cannot afford to watch?

I'm not unsympathetic to people who are struggling financially.
We're averaging around 54000 per PL game.
My comments are aimed at the people in the ground.

The problem isn't even just 'new fans', who are often the most enthusiastic.
It's the one's who were 'there when we were shit' that do my head in.
Many of them think they've earned the right to sit there in silence with a face like a slapped arse.
In a way the're right, they paid their money and they can behave how they like.
What they can't do is convince themselves they are helping, because they're not, they are the problem, not the solution.
They are the past, not the future.

We have the best manager and the best team, why not try and make the Etihad the most intimidating ground for visiting teams?

Glad there is a thread on this because I have just seen the appeal from Pep or club adviser asking for fan support. Beats me what whoever posted Peps plea actually thinks fans do at a game.

I've been in 1894 since the beginning, for over 4 years I have asked every contact at the club I can speak to for us to meet up with players / managers be it themselves or their representatives. We hit a brick wall, our club contacts are fantastic, really do go the extra mile. But even they hit this brick wall between player and fans. If we can liaise and have a better bond with players then the atmosphere will pick up hugely. You can not create a bond between the fans / players simply by showing a few players wearing Xmas jumpers on the "unrealistic" MCFC official website.

Great that some posts on this thread have mentioned groups of tickets for fans in say 115 / 116, I hope you do join us when we offer them out. But we have been doing this for two years and even though we can get around 150 seats for cup games & CL we still only ever get 70 fans coming forward, so where are the other fans that want to sing ? Please join us Vs Basel, lets get it to 150 fans or 200 fans all singing. Having said that the atmosphere has been quite good all season in the 115 / 116 / 117 area.

Anyhow here is my message to whoever is behind the "Pep request" ---- We would love to have a great bond between the team and fans as it would lift the atmosphere to the level we all want. We have regularly seen your previous managed teams going to the fans behind the goals at the end of games raising arms above heads / singing / dancing with fans, this creates noise and a bond that in turn creates more support & noise. ( Huddersfield Town do this quite regular )
But the players and yourself after home games and most away games struggle getting passed the half way line for a half hearted two claps, you disappear down the tunnel in a rush to get in the changing rooms.
We don't bite, so come and join us in celebration. ( fans might stay after the end to )
You make good points but I think you're being unfair of the players at home, at full-time they go into the centre circle and clap us all, what would you have them do? A lap of honour/arm flap in front of 117 like the dippers. As for away games which I no longer get to partly due to my points not being high enough anymore, family commitments and being a bit cba (first one this season next week at Leicester) I can't really comment.

As has been said a few times, that's up to Soriano.

He or his reports should be talking to us to ensure the best way to ensure that but they keep fobbing us off with meaningless platitudes instead of meaningful engagement. We need cheaper prices to attract the younger, more vocal element. We need proper singing sections rather than the ones we have being split by the away fans. We need some commitment from the club to address the post-game transport issues causing an early exodus.

Why? Isn’t it reasonable to ask for a bit of vocal support from whoever? Do you have to be a 20-year old, non-noodle eating, horny-handed son of toil to murmur approval? Are people without an M11 postcode or 72-inch TV all mutes?

While your suggestions might help a little, blaming Soriano is the biggest platitude here.

Last edited:
I am in EL2 and in my area no bugger says a word apart from me, which has got me into the odd spot of bother.
They do not even moan at poor ref decisions. Does my head in.
The padded seat and a decent neighbour are the only reasons I stay there.
The atmosphere is really poor, more akin to a theatre than a football match.
Most stay to the end though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.