Is it time to eat a little humble pie for Christmas?

ChicagoBlue

Like all of you, I’m in Dreamland over the season so far, and recent results have only served to make everyone of the naysayers sit up and take notice that this might be a very special team. However, are we in danger of turning this positivity into something more negative?

We are currently making even the reddest red nose into someone who is forced to acknowledge the level of football we are displaying. But, as we see in almost every facet of life, especially in Britain, people are notoriously fickle and turn on a dime.

So, given the recent coverage of our celebrations at The Swamp, Swansea, and then again this past weekend after the Spurs game (especially the “Park the bus” clip), are we walking the knife edge between humility and obnoxiousness?

Like all of you, I’m enjoying watching the team break records, and at this point every victory is a new record! However, in the eyes of some, it appears the celebrations seem to be getting a tad out of hand. Is it time to take a small step back and, while not stopping enjoying the quality of what we are seeing, tamp down the gloating, and the social media displays?

With the news that Pep is going to be offered a bumper long term deal, I hope and expect this type of football to be the new “Man City way” and thus something to savour for years to come. However, I would hate for all the good that is being written to suddenly start to turn sour because of the obnoxious behavior of fans and even players.

We are not Rags. We are City. We know where we come from and we have not only seen the depths but the heights, all in the living memory of a teenager, let alone what those of us who’ve been around for half a century or more have seen.

So, are we getting carried away?

Are we setting ourselves up for a fall?

What if we don’t win the League? Biggest choke in history???

I’m certainly not advocating not enjoying the current performances we are seeing, and like most people, I’m running out of superlatives to describe the football I’m seeing from the lads, but I’m trying to stay contained. I’m trying to simply enjoy the performances, the individual quality we are seeing, and turning over our biggest rivals and bogey teams.

Life is good, and being a Blue today is better than at any time since the late 60s and early 70s, but I don’t want us to turn into Rags and start the taunting, gloating and laughing at other teams and fans. Let’s at least WIN SOMETHING before we make ourselves the team everyone else loves to hate!

I’ve already started hearing it from some people, and we are starting to get as much coverage for the celebrations and social media posts as the football. Let’s not spoil this before it gets started in earnest, please.

Let’s enjoy this new chapter with a modicum of humility, because it ain’t over until the fat lady sings. So far, all I hear is her clearing her throat!

What ever the media want to report on they will and with 24 news outlets social media ect often things are out of our hands .eg Sterling got racialy abused and attacked before the Spurs game hardly a dickybird is said about it .Two Spurs players carry out leg breaking tackles on our players and it glossed over.We celebrate at the Swamp it world news for weeks .
I see where you coming from but unfortunately if the press want to paint us in a negative way they will .but sooner or later people will take less notice.A journalist on Sunday Sumplement believed the game at the swamp could have been 2-2 anyone watching the game even rags would have thought he talking out of his backside

Like all of you, I’m in Dreamland over the season so far, and recent results have only served to make everyone of the naysayers sit up and take notice that this might be a very special team. However, are we in danger of turning this positivity into something more negative?

We are currently making even the reddest red nose into someone who is forced to acknowledge the level of football we are displaying. But, as we see in almost every facet of life, especially in Britain, people are notoriously fickle and turn on a dime.

So, given the recent coverage of our celebrations at The Swamp, Swansea, and then again this past weekend after the Spurs game (especially the “Park the bus” clip), are we walking the knife edge between humility and obnoxiousness?

Like all of you, I’m enjoying watching the team break records, and at this point every victory is a new record! However, in the eyes of some, it appears the celebrations seem to be getting a tad out of hand. Is it time to take a small step back and, while not stopping enjoying the quality of what we are seeing, tamp down the gloating, and the social media displays?

With the news that Pep is going to be offered a bumper long term deal, I hope and expect this type of football to be the new “Man City way” and thus something to savour for years to come. However, I would hate for all the good that is being written to suddenly start to turn sour because of the obnoxious behavior of fans and even players.

We are not Rags. We are City. We know where we come from and we have not only seen the depths but the heights, all in the living memory of a teenager, let alone what those of us who’ve been around for half a century or more have seen.

Are we setting ourselves up for a fall?

What if we don’t win the League? Biggest choke in history???

I’m certainly not advocating not enjoying the current performances we are seeing, and like most people, I’m running out of superlatives to describe the football I’m seeing from the lads, but I’m trying to stay contained. I’m trying to simply enjoy the performances, the individual quality we are seeing, and turning over our biggest rivals and bogey teams.

Life is good, and being a Blue today is better than at any time since the late 60s and early 70s, but I don’t want us to turn into Rags and start the taunting, gloating and laughing at other teams and fans. Let’s at least WIN SOMETHING before we make ourselves the team everyone else loves to hate!

I’ve already started hearing it from some people, and we are starting to get as much coverage for the celebrations and social media posts as the football. Let’s not spoil this before it gets started in earnest, please.

Let’s enjoy this new chapter with a modicum of humility, because it ain’t over until the fat lady sings. So far, all I hear is her clearing her throat!
To your we aren't rags point..brace yourself for the future as we establish ourselves as a truly elite club..were gonna have some real ****s for fans

Honestly, the way we are being portrayed, it is as if we are doing something wrong. They are just searching to find something negative to report on. We beat our bitter local rivals in their own back yard, so we bloody should celebrate. It's not as if that c*nt hasn't carried on like a pork chop on the sideline in the past. It's just sour grapes because he has just been schooled in coaching, and despite the huge transfer fees that they have paid, he still cannot assemble a team that is getting anywhere near us.

To equal, and then surpass a PL winning record, also deserves a celebration, so I really do not see an issue.

A few years back it was the training ground bust ups, and the fragmentation of the squad and management that was the issue. Now we have a squad, totally unified, playing for each other and not a bunch of individuals, and it is deemed to be an issue.

F*ck Them!!! Let's just enjoy the journey.

The supposedly over celebrating is just the last in a line of ways the media have of trying to bring us down. Do you think if that was any other team dominating them on their own patch, the celebrations would of made the news. So we are not allowed to rub the rags noses in it, like they have for 20 years.

No. I'd say for a team currently taking a piss out of the toughest league in the world, playing one of the most beautiful football we'll see in our lifetime, our celebrations are relatively reserved.

IMO, I don't think we need to be reminded of how bad it is to fail at crucial moments. We all know too well how that feels. Besides, we'll be served a humble pie soon enough after an inevitable city-style slip-up.

They can celebrate all they like in the changing rooms. They're playing some sensational football and breaking records all over the place so they deserve it. But it might be advisable to rein in the social media coverage of it all a bit.

IMO, I don't think we need to be reminded of how bad it is to fail at crucial moments. We all know too well how that feels. Besides, we'll be served a humble pie soon enough after an inevitable city-style slip-up.

I understand the “we,” but do the players understand? Your last sentence is what has me concerned, and from here, not winning the League would be a disaster for EVERYONE at the club and on the terraces, especially with United and Chelsea looking like the only teams with any chance at all!

I understand the “we,” but do the players understand? Your last sentence is what has me concerned, and from here, not winning the League would be a disaster for EVERYONE at the club and on the terraces, especially with United and Chelsea looking like the only teams with any chance at all!

I say let the lads enjoy it a bit. Thoroughly deserved IMO. I'm certain that Pep is gonna grind their ears off if he sees a performance dip. I just don't think it's up to us fans to keep them in line.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.